Rewarding Yourself

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • One of the things that has motivated me thus far on my IP journey are rewards for milestones. These are my current rewards for myself as I hit each of my goals:

190 - Mani/Pedi
    180 - Massage
    170 - Shopping
    160 - Day Off for me
    150 - Spa Day (Mani/Pedi/Facial/Massage)
    140 - Shopping

I'm 1/2 a pound away from the mani-pedi.

Does anyone else have suggestions for me, themselves or others? I am interested in more options for self-congratulation.
  • 25-Silpada Ring

100-Michael Kors Greyson woven large satchel in persimmon. (This will have to be ebay unless I get lucky at the outlet store since it was a Fall 2012 item.)

I haven't thought about the rest yet.

I think rewards are so personal. I am crazy for handbags and jewelry. I know I can't wait to buy clothes. Boots. I have goals like doing a Diva Dash and/or Title 9 (mini triathalon in MA)

What about a trip to NYC?? Asheville?? (Saw you were from NV and I adore Asheville) A w/e trip with your significant other or a girlfriends w/e???
  • When I hit my first goal last week, I booked myself in for a permanent make-up touch up. Not really a reward considering it's maintenance that I have to do every year. So I think I'm going to get my nose pierced again.
  • Quote: When I hit my first goal last week, I booked myself in for a permanent make-up touch up. Not really a reward considering it's maintenance that I have to do every year. So I think I'm going to get my nose pierced again.
    OOHHHHHHHHH a piercing or tattoo is a great idea!!! Maybe I'll move Michael Kors up and get a new tat with the 100lbs gone!!!
  • Quote: OOHHHHHHHHH a piercing or tattoo is a great idea!!! Maybe I'll move Michael Kors up and get a new tat with the 100lbs gone!!!
    I think most of my rewards will be tattoos. I've been itching for some new ink
  • For me it has been clothes because I am so short that I have a heck of a time finding non-granny clothes at the thrift store. This last weekend was the first time since before having my first baby that I actually LIKED shopping.
  • My first goal was this week - a facial and it was wonderful! I will probably have a national holiday for when I hit ONEderland!!! Since I just hit my first goal I haven't given any thought to the next goal. Guess I need to start though.
  • Quote: My first goal was this week - a facial and it was wonderful! I will probably have a national holiday for when I hit ONEderland!!! Since I just hit my first goal I haven't given any thought to the next goal. Guess I need to start though.
    LOL National holiday. I LUV it!
    I, too, got a facial for a reward. Next one is a massage (I've been waiting TWO weeks to schedule this!!!). Then I start my SCUBA training. That isn't for a weight loss goal but for a milestone birthday. I'm thinking I might get a new MacBook Pro when I reach goal. Love me my Macs!

When I get to half-way, I need to figure that one out..I've got time but it'll be here before I know it.
  • This is a FABULOUS idea I need to think about this & report back
  • I'm thinking maybe first goal either 5 new paperbacks or 10 at the book exchange.
  • Once i lose 50 I am coloring my hair red! lol I haven't had it that way in a long time (probably around the time I was the weight I will be when I lose 50 lbs)

After that I haven't thought about it. I was going to reward myself with new ink but I want that no matter what weight I am! New clothes will be a big one! I won't wait till something is on sale if it looks good on me!
  • Quote: I think most of my rewards will be tattoos. I've been itching for some new ink
    That's going to be my "big" reward for hitting goal! I have a piece that I've been wanting for a long time, it's on the bigger side and lots of color so it's going to be expensive, I thought that would be a perfect Goal prize

I've been rewarding myself along the way too - for every 10 pounds I have lost I get an Alex & Ani bracelet. So far I have both my kids' birthstones, a claddaugh for my Irish husband, and a Phoenix for me Still figuring out what charm #5 will be, but I have to decide soon, I'm only four pounds away!
  • Quote: LOL National holiday. I LUV it!
    I, too, got a facial for a reward. Next one is a massage (I've been waiting TWO weeks to schedule this!!!). Then I start my SCUBA training. That isn't for a weight loss goal but for a milestone birthday. I'm thinking I might get a new MacBook Pro when I reach goal. Love me my Macs!

When I get to half-way, I need to figure that one out..I've got time but it'll be here before I know it.
    I love my Macs as well! I just spent an hour chatting to my classmates in my computer class about Mac vs. PC. It was very entertaining! Now I am toying with a new Mac book as well when I hit my official goal or when I run my first 5k... I will blame you Lisa when my hubby gives me "the look."
  • I've thought about the idea of "rewarding" myself and I have to say most of my life that included food. Even now, I am trying to figure out a healthy "reward" list. I'm asking myself - what is something special I can give myself and you know it sort of baffles me. That might be part of the problem of rewarding myself with food. I just don't really have a list. I guess I better get started on it.
  • Quote: I've thought about the idea of "rewarding" myself and I have to say most of my life that included food. Even now, I am trying to figure out a healthy "reward" list. I'm asking myself - what is something special I can give myself and you know it sort of baffles me. That might be part of the problem of rewarding myself with food. I just don't really have a list. I guess I better get started on it.
    yowzer, you can do it. Even sleeping in on a weekend or splurging on a unnecessary but desirable item counts. Heck, taking an hour to just NOT do anything counts.