Who would have thunk it !

• So i went back home for a quick summer break and first thing i hear from my family who i havent seen since fall is " oh your finally thinner! "
    First reaction was oh thank you!
    and second reaction was " ok so what exactly did i look like before in your eyes " LOL
    third reaction "im not going to even try to see if that was a dis ill take whatever complaiment i can get
    only makes me want to work out harder!!!!
  • Yeah that is a weird compli-insult-ment...

...just take it the positive way. I'm sure they meant well..sometimes people just don't realize how it sounds until after they say it.
  • What were they just hanging out and waiting for you to drop the weight? I would have to be offended by that remark. Especially since they are the people who are supposed to enjoy you for your character and not judge you on your appearance. And if they were to say something, it should have been more like "Wow you look great- have you lost weight?"
  • See, I'm going to see my family in 2 weeks, and I'm worried about getting the same back-handed insult response. (atleast from my wicked stepsisters)

I've tried to convince myself that I am not doing this for them, its for me. I think it would be better for me to not respond. Although I practiced the "I may have lost weight, but I'll always be the bigger person" response.
  • Well, if that’s what I am going to hear from my family, I will surely take that as a complement! LOL...It just means whatever you are doing, it really works for you..Good job! Keep it up!