Virgin active!

• Hello, I've been looking at virgin active online and I'm amazed at there facilities, they have so much more to offer then my current gym. I'm going there tomorrow to look around. I was wondering if anyone here was a member? They have gyms all across the country. It's going to be a big commitment for me to sign up because it's so pricey.
  • I use Virgin Active. Love it.
  • I have one near my work and it's fab but at £75 per month it's also madly expensive and the reason I'm not a member. They have lots of classes which are included in the price as well as a pool and the gym. It's worth haggling a bit as they recently had a 12 months for the cost of 10 offer which they might be willing to offer if it's finished.
  • wow £75! The ones around my area are £40-£50. I went for my visit and loved it so much! They offered me the rest of the month for free, my contract is only 6months, also they gave me 3 day passes for my friends. I'm planning on making a day of it I had no idea how unequipped my gym is. I'm looking forward to joining some classes when I'm brave enough! also a personal trainer will be calling me to schedule an appointment. I actually can't believe how excited I am about it, last year this would sound like a nightmare to me.
  • You lucky thing - at £40-£50 I'd grab it! I guess that's the downside of living in and around London. The area around it is quite affluent so they get plenty of members at that price so no incentive to drop it. The nearest "cheap" gym at £60/mth is 6 miles away and too far.