The Hunger Games! :)

You're on Page 1 of 3
Go to
  • Who has midnight tickets!?!
    I'm sick, but I'm still going tonight. I bought mine and Mack's tickets the night they went on sale.

Also, for those of you who haven't heard already, this came from an interview with Jennifer Lawrence, "We weren't going to make a watered-down version of what we love. If you take the violence and brutality out of the movie, you take the entire heart out of it."

I (and many others I'm sure) am so happy they didn't screw it up by taking any of the violence out of it.

I am so excited, the trailer didn't really give you much information on anything, which I like. <3
  • I am SOOOOOOO going to see this saturday night. I had never heard of the book(s), but when I saw the preview I KNEW I had to see it.
  • I guess I'm in the minority. I loved the book (I haven't read the second or third yet), but I have no interest in the movie. The trailer just looked like a bunch of actors chewing the scenery.
  • I'm going today at noon with my husband and another couple. Of the 4 of us, I'm the only one who has read it and no one else thinks the movie looks good. Everyone else is coming because we're going to a steak house afterwards
  • SPOILER ALERT, sort of!
    I've got to tell you ladies, the movie was such a huge disappointment. Have no desire to see it again or to see the others I'm sure they'll make.
    They didn't really show any of the brutality. It really took the heart out of it.
  • Quote: I am SOOOOOOO going to see this saturday night. I had never heard of the book(s), but when I saw the preview I KNEW I had to see it.
    You should read the books instead, they're amazing.
  • Quote: SPOILER ALERT, sort of!
    I've got to tell you ladies, the movie was such a huge disappointment. Have no desire to see it again or to see the others I'm sure they'll make.
    They didn't really show any of the brutality. It really took the heart out of it.
    BOOOOOO, that sucks. That makes me want to wait until it comes out on DVD/bluray
  • If I were you, I would. I'd read the books and then wait.
    I am a HUGE fan and thought I would absolutely adore the movie. As soon as it ended, I looked at Mack and said, "I am SO glad those tickets were free and we didn't pay to see that crap."
  • Are the books geared towards adults or the teenage range? I've gotten some mixed info on that but I'm looking for some summer reading material. I can't re-read what I have on my Kindle/bookshelf one more time!
  • They were originally geared for teens, but I don't think I would have read something that brutal as a teenager. I really enjoyed them as an adult. They don't seem like they were specifically written for teenagers. I know more adults than teens that have read them.
  • I may see if I can find a friend with a copy to borrow. I have pretty funky tastes.
  • I agree with tessendicott, the books do not feel like they were written for teens, though I know that is the target audience. Then again a lot of teen books are better written than the ones I read as a kid.
  • What!!!??? Im so heartbroken. Im going to see the movie tomorrow..ive waited and waited for that moment and im devistated to hear that its not good...sigh
  • Hmmmm, I'll have to take a look at the books then.

I'm a HUGE Harry Potter fan....and anything fantasy/sci-fi (Battlestar Gallactica, Firefly, Star Wars, Star Trek......
  • Quote: What!!!??? Im so heartbroken. Im going to see the movie tomorrow..ive waited and waited for that moment and im devistated to hear that its not good...sigh
    Maybe other people will like it. This is one movie that I think should have left the violence in.