I'm back and feeling amazing!

• So, I posted a thread a couple of weeks ago about how I had gained, was afraid and had been off plan for months. Food at Olive Garden (where I work) was so tempting and I'd eat cheese raviolis with soup and breadsticks at least once or twice a week.

My friend (who is a potential boyfriend, I've known him for years and we spend every waking moment together) pointed out that I'd been regaining. He asked his sister who is also one of my best friends and she agreed. They weren't trying to be rude, they know how successful I've been and wanted to bring it to my attention. I sucked it up and stepped on the scale. A 15lb gain. YIKES!

Promptly started my low carb plan up again. I've lost about 5lbs already since day before yesterday, mostly water weight but I'll take it. I even stayed on plan going out to eat last night at Denny's by skipping the fries and sandwiches and instead ordering breakfast. I feel so good!

My birthday is Friday, so I'm going with my aforementioned guy friend on Friday night and then my girlfriends (including my guy friend's sister) on Saturday. There will be drinking involved and probably cake, so I hope I don't get TOO crazy. I refuse to be derailed again though!
  • Welcome back and good luck with the birthday cake.
  • Happy Birthday! Give yourself the gift of staying on plan! Sounds corny, I know, but think of it that way and it will be easier. Great job, BTW, of getting back on plan with just minor damage.

Lin
  • It's awesome that you've been able to catch the yo-yo just as it was starting to swing up. It's the key to long-term weight loss maintenance, and no small challenge. Way to go!

Freelance
  • Glad your back and back on track! I love the quick loss at the beginning with low carb as well, probably water weight but it makes you feel so good

If you drink try to do hard liquors that have no carbs and diet coke, and be sparingly with the cake and you should be fine Maybe pre make a healthy snack for if you get tipsy and crave something so that you don't eat something bad.
  • congratulations!! it's sooo hard to pick it back up again after taking a break from it, but you feel so much better afterward! good luck with that cake, haha!
  • Hi there congrats linsy. Keep up the good work
  • Welcome back. Congrats on catching it and regaining control.