How much is 2 cups of turnips? Cabbage?

• I cut a cabbage in 8ths basted with olive oil, lemon juice, s & p, then roast. How much is 2 cups? Do I try to shove in measurement cup? Same goes for turnip "chips"' do you just loosely put in cups to measure out??
  • Not sure how helpful this is but I would compare my fist to a 1 cup measuring cup and go from there.
  • I asked the same question about broccoli/cauliflour and my consultant/coach told me that a good hand full is roughly 2 cups. But before you cook it you can always do the displacement method and fill a container with a known amount of water then remove 2 cups then add your veg until you return to your original water mark. I did it with asparagus and is was astonishing how much asparagus it took to make 2 cups.

But if I'm wrong someone please correct me.
  • Quote: I cut a cabbage in 8ths basted with olive oil, lemon juice, s & p, then roast. How much is 2 cups? Do I try to shove in measurement cup? Same goes for turnip "chips"' do you just loosely put in cups to measure out??
    Fists don't help, especially when you're measuring spinach!

Get yourself a good food scale. Doesn't have to be expensive but it does have to measure grams; and ounces to at least .2. See Walmart.

Then Google USDA Nutritional Data base. It will tell you exactly what 2 cups of raw vegetables equals.
  • Then Google USDA Nutritional Data base. It will tell you exactly what 2 cups of raw vegetables equals.

Thanks... That's great info!
  • Just wondering...one cup raw spinach is 30 grams, one cup cooked spinach is 180 grams. So, with the leafy greens, would you go with the raw or cooked amount?
  • I was told that everything gets measured raw. That's why a cup of raw spinach weighs a lot less than a cup of cooked spinach...there is a ton more actual spinach in the cooked portion.

I would first cut up the cabbage and measure out a cup raw and weigh it. From then on you could use that raw weight as a guide to how much your raw cabbage wedges should weigh before you cook them. I would do the same with the turnip chips.

Hope you get it all figured out.
  • Secret.....don't worry about the grams. Dr Tran has figured all of that out for us that is why this diet is so easy. Just measure your veggies 2 cups raw and go with it. YOU DON"T HAVE TO COUNT anything.....just follow the sheet!!
  • Quote: Secret.....don't worry about the grams. Dr Tran has figured all of that out for us that is why this diet is so easy. Just measure your veggies 2 cups raw and go with it. YOU DON"T HAVE TO COUNT anything.....just follow the sheet!!
    I'm so confused! My coach tells me to measure everything cooked including veggies...which is why I would never eat cooked spinach...I would need TONS to make two cups!!! Ugh! This is so frustrating...
  • Quote: I'm so confused! My coach tells me to measure everything cooked including veggies...which is why I would never eat cooked spinach...I would need TONS to make two cups!!! Ugh! This is so frustrating...
    RAW RAW RAW!!!!....everything is measured RAW!!....lol....say it with me now....RAW!!!.....hahaha....just growl it out RAWWWWWWW.....sorry, being silly and NO I am NOT drinking alcohol just Green Thunder MIO on the rocks...hahaha
  • Quote: RAW RAW RAW!!!!....everything is measured RAW!!....lol....say it with me now....RAW!!!.....hahaha....just growl it out RAWWWWWWW.....sorry, being silly and NO I am NOT drinking alcohol just Green Thunder MIO on the rocks...hahaha
    LOL!!! Thanks for the laugh!!! Have a Happy New Year!!! I always seem drunk even though I haven't had any wine since going IP!!!
  • Quote: RAW RAW RAW!!!!....everything is measured RAW!!....lol....say it with me now....RAW!!!.....hahaha....just growl it out RAWWWWWWW.....sorry, being silly and NO I am NOT drinking alcohol just Green Thunder MIO on the rocks...hahaha
    AND I just growled it out!!! LOL RAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW................................ .....
  • LOL....who says we can't have fun without drinking right?....lol
  • Quote: LOL....who says we can't have fun without drinking right?....lol
    Absolutely!!!