Slinks back, tail between her legs

• Hello... again...

I finally updated my ticker and stats and after a few weeks of renewed lurking I'm finally ready to post again.

In a nutshell: I've done this before (who hasn't...) and sometime in 2005 I weighed 150 and I thought I was SMOKIN' hot and I loved it. A few problems and a few restarts later here I am again. I got back up to 230 and I've lost 7 pounds since I got back on track. I'd still like to see 150, although it seems so far away. I kept my clothes from that time of my life and they just seem to look impossibly small now.

But anyway, I'm a calorie counter with a touch of Weight Watchers thrown in. I do a calorie cycle where I try to stay around 1200-1400 during the week and under 2000 on the weekends. I'm getting back on the workout wagon. I see a personal trainer for 30 minutes twice a week and I try to get about 45 minutes to an hour of cardio three to four times a week.

Things have gone REALLY well for the last two weeks and there are times, like tonight, when I feel SO good and SO positive about everything that I need to remember this feeling so that I can hold on to it when things don't feel so great.

Anyway, nothing earth shattering to say -- I just wanted to say hi and that I'll see everyone around the forums!
  • Welcome back! It is a good feeling when you feel so motivated and positive for sure. You've done it before so you know you can do it again.
  • Welcome back! You did it and will do it again. Take that tail out and congratulate yourself for getting back on track!
  • I'm back again too - this support is just a shove in the right direction.
  • You’re not the only one! In 2005/2006, I was a regular on 3FC. I had gotten down to my goal weight and was exercising regularly. Then, life happened. I got pregnant, had my daughter in 2008, lost some of the baby weight in 2008, went back up in 2009 and have had a hard time losing it since. I want to feel good again and know that I’ve come to the right place to help me get back in shape!

The hardest part for me is being motivated. I know that we both can find it here! Good luck on your new journey!
  • Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall. ~Confucius

Wishing you strength, determination, and success on your weight loss journey.
  • Welcome Back!! Stay positive and you will see results again!