Weight loss moments that make you saw hmmm

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • Went to the grocery and handed over my license and credit card. The cashier KINDLY informed me that I did not look like the license and she would have to call the manager. I stood there mouth agape and in shock and THEN I started to laugh.

I did have a new hairstyle, none so outrageous, but she said I looked soooo much thinner and not like "me"...dwl

Hey, we have to take the victories regardless of how they came. And yes, I did get my groceries.

It is amazing though how much I have changed. My round face is now long and I have had to change hairstyles to fit my new face. Who would have thought that 43lbs would make such a difference?
  • Hehe yah!!! Usually we would be upset with something like this happening but people not believing its you!! That's onw way big compliment Well done!
  • Love it
  • Oh man! That's amazing! I think I might die laughing if that happened to me. I guess taking it as a compliment is the way to go!
  • yeah...I have gotten very testy at times about people's comment, and i am learning to find it easier to just smile and nod and say thanks.
  • i totally agree about the new hairstyle to fit my new face... i used to have long, blah hair that i hid behind... as soon as i lost the weight, i chopped it off and never looked back!!! its so much more flattering
  • kimmieval - LOL I'm glad you got your groceries. I think it's fun when these things happen. My DH is military and base security made me get a new ID after I had lost about 50 pounds. I think I need to do it again soon, I'm starting to get quizzical looks from guards who are new and don't recognize me and my car. Maybe it's time for you to go get a new DL?
  • Quote: Went to the grocery and handed over my license and credit card. The cashier KINDLY informed me that I did not look like the license and she would have to call the manager. I stood there mouth agape and in shock and THEN I started to laugh.

I did have a new hairstyle, none so outrageous, but she said I looked soooo much thinner and not like "me"...dwl

Hey, we have to take the victories regardless of how they came. And yes, I did get my groceries.

It is amazing though how much I have changed. My round face is now long and I have had to change hairstyles to fit my new face. Who would have thought that 43lbs would make such a difference?
    A similar thing happened to me but no call to the manager! I was signing up for a credit card at a department store. I showed my drivers license with the pic of me 35 lbs ago, with short dark hair. She just said "That is NOT you!" LOL I have 2 more years to go with this license. I wonder if they let you come in and get a new picture?
  • What a fun experience to have happen! I would have been grinning from ear to ear. I can wait until that happens to me.

Congrats!
  • I am not sure they would change the DL here...but dwl that persons expect you to stay the same. My sister showed my two year old nephew a pic of me and asked who it was, he said he didn't know. She said that it was aunty, he said no and ran to show her who aunty really was- an old picture of me with more weight on lol

The little things that make you smile!
  • That is what people say about my signature. The Feb 2011 pic is my drivers license I got on my birthday. My brother made the comment I blew it up so I would look bigger so I pulled out my license to show him...it really IS my pic on my license. He said I really didn't see you as that big, I said well I was!!...I live away from home, they live in LA and I live in MS so they don't see me a lot. When I went home this last time my youngest nephew said Taunt Lisa you shrinking....lol....I said yea is that ok? he said yea sure is I like you this way....lol
  • yay what a nsv!
  • Quote: That is what people say about my signature. The Feb 2011 pic is my drivers license I got on my birthday. My brother made the comment I blew it up so I would look bigger so I pulled out my license to show him...it really IS my pic on my license. He said I really didn't see you as that big, I said well I was!!...I live away from home, they live in LA and I live in MS so they don't see me a lot. When I went home this last time my youngest nephew said Taunt Lisa you shrinking....lol....I said yea is that ok? he said yea sure is I like you this way....lol
    Wow! An 80 lb loss! You look wonderful. Your brother loves you as you are, so he never saw you as that big. But I'm sure he sees that you are happier and healthier now! Good Job!
  • Wow what a great story lol you cant even be annoyed.
  • Thank you, I am the biggest of my siblings, I have 3 younger brothers. All of them have always been worried about me and now that I have finally admitted to my problem they are very proud of me