Fav Iphone App for tracking?

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • Just wondering what (if) Iphone Apps you guys find are good for calorie tracking? Right now I am using Lose it, and it is ok but thinking there are probably better
  • I'm using Calorie Count, I like it, it gives a grade report at the end of how you did.
  • i used one called 'my fitness pal' but it was awful and i deleted it!

Edit: I just did some searching and 'Calorie Tracker' by Livestrong.com gets a ton (over 3000) positive reviews. It's $2.99, but they have a 'Calorie Tracker Lite' app that's free. I just downloaded the lite version to test it out!
  • I track in my head rather than formally, but I did download an app called Calorie Counter so that I could easily look up calorie counts. I've played with it, and it's really easy to look up foods and to "assign" them to whatever meal you're eating, so it does have that tracking feature. It seems as if that would make it easy to track. (I've mainly used it to look up calories). It's free, it's gotten good reviews, and I've liked it so far.
  • I use My fitness pal and have had great success!
  • I love my fitness pal. Esp. the option to scan UPC codes. I mostly update on my laptop, but when I am out and about or want to scan a UC I use my phone.
  • I love my fitness pal too. It's free, so definitely worth a try.
  • Another fan of My Fitness Pal! I too do a majority of my updates on my laptop but find the app useful when I'm on the go. Also the UPC scanner tool is both helpful and cool I also like that at the end of the day it analyzes your calorie intake and estimates what your weight will be in 5 weeks if "everyday were like today" - it really motivates me!
  • I use sparkpeople's website, so the 2 apps they have work well for me. One is for my account and the other is for diet and recipes.
    For workouts thought, I use CardioTrainer. This thing does EVERYTHING I was for fitness. Logs how much I walk, how fast, GPS enables a map to be drawn of my trail, calories, plays my playlist as soon as I start the workout.
    I don't mind toggling between apps as I just got my first Droid phone a few months ago so I play with it as much as I can. Before that was a Blackberry Curve 8330 I think. =((
  • Lose It!
    Lose It! Its Amazing!
  • I use LoseIt too, and I'm very happy with it. I did run across this post on a blog I read that compares several iPhone apps so it might help you find what you like: Feedback Solutions for Obesity — There's an app!

(The first part is a scholarly article about whether apps are useful in weight loss -- scroll down for the chart. There are also reviews of individual apps here: Iphone Apps - reviews parts 1-4.)
  • I'm old school I use a pen and a notebook. lol
  • I've tried several different tracking tools (paid and free) and MyFitnessPal is by far my favorite! They track everything with a very simple to use interfaces. Plus they have super extensive food database, so you don't have to enter things yourself.
  • This thread is great. I just bought an iPhone and was looking for a good calorie counter app. I tried Daily Burn and it was just OK. I'll have to give My Fitness Pal a try.
  • My Fitness Pal is brilliant. Used a few but this is deffinetly my favourite!