Boboli Whole Wheat Pizza Crust

• Without listing all the ingredients/breakdowns, does anyone know if this is SB compliant? I bought it for dinner tonight and threw away the package. I planned to make 1/2 of it with lf cheese, mushrooms, sauce and some salami. I am on phase 2 currently.
  • I think this is it:
    Whole wheat flour, water, palm oil, polydextrose, yeast, wheat gluten, molasses, milk casein, salt, mozzarella cheese (milk, cheese cultures, salt and enzymes), sugar, preservatives (calcium propionate, sorbic acid), fumaric acid, modified food starch, sodium phosphate, whey, monoglycerides, lactic acid, natural flavor, garlic, artificial color.

Sugar is low - 2 g for 1/6 of the crust. 4 g fiber. I would eat it, but I am not massively strict as long as I don't have cravings because of it. I would rather make my own ww crust, but seriously - who can do that every time??

Be well -
  • Thanks Bea. I did eat it, and it was sufficiently cardboard-y enough to make me feel like it was not lying about being whole wheat.
  • I always have one in the freezer for when I don't have time for my own crust.
  • Does it have to be a certain amount of carbs, or just whole wheat? I made whole wheat pizza crust today and it was AMAZING and so delicious, but I'm not on SB (just looking through "new posts" and saw this.) If it's just that it needs to be whole wheat, I can share the recipe! (It's 38g carb per serving, which makes a whole mini, delicious pizza and does NOT taste like cardboard.)
  • Yes, please share! It has to be whole wheat, not processed, but otherwise the carbs are not restricted.
  • I just use a tortilla instead, I didn't like Boboli too much (never mind, they're expensive!).
  • And I use whole wheat pitas.
  • I use flatbreads we get from Costco. I'm not home so don't can't share the nutritional info but one flatbread is about 100 calories with something like 10 - 8 grams of both protein and fiber. DH uses them instead of bread for everything.
  • Quote: Thanks Bea. I did eat it, and it was sufficiently cardboard-y enough to make me feel like it was not lying about being whole wheat.
    HA!

I'd love a recipe to be shared as well. I make my own crust but I don't have a go-to recipe. I just wing something subbing WW flour and adding flax meal.
  • Actually, I use ww pita bread all the time for my own pizza when the kids/DH have take-out or whatever. My kids think the ww pita pizzas are a treat - LOL!!

Be well -
  • We use these all the time and really like them... in fact pizza and a salad is what's for dinner tonight. A serving is 1/8 of the crust, and that with a nice green salad with lots of different veggies and some protein totally fills me up.

I agree that you can make one that has better ingredients, but it's tough to find the time... especially when you can put together a Boboli pizza and have dinner ready in 30 minutes. Leftovers are even faster... just a warm-up and the salad and you're good to go...
  • http://www.livestrong.com/recipes/ho...t-pizza-crust/

There ya go! I hope you can view it, let me know if not and I'll copy/paste it! Also you can make these and freeze them after baking.