come join if you are starting/starting over in may!

You're on Page 1 of 5
Go to
  • hi everyone! i need a pick me up because since my birthday on may 1 and TOM and then mother's day, ive been slacking. i'm also retaining water from starting to work out again. i noticed a lot of people are starting/starting over right now and figured i'd make a thread where we can all band together.

so answer these questions
    when are you starting: may 9
    what is your goal weight 119
    what is your diet plan: weight watchers online
    what is your exercise: ripped in 30 by jm

i'm trying to motivate myself so that a) i won't gain more weight and b) i will be in the best shape i can be come beach season.. that gives me a couple months to get in shape and feel good about myself again. i think its hard because sometimes i feel okay with myself and lose my motvation and then i eat too much and feel really bad about myself. I am trying to have the mentality that i am okay (aka, having self confidence), but i want to make myself even hotter, sexier, and more attractive!
  • This is me! I'm starting over. I've been off track for awhile, though...since February! There was a sickness in my immediate family and I completely lost focus on my weight loss goals. I really want to lose 20 lbs by the end of the summer. Ideally I'd like to lose more than that, but I'm giving myself a bit of wiggle room since I know I have a tendency to go off track every now and then lol.

when are you starting: May 9th
    what is your goal weight: 180 by August; 135-140 is my ultimate goal.
    what is your diet plan: Calorie restriction (1200-1400 calories per day)
    what is your exercise: BL, JM, and WATP
  • I totally understand exactly how you feel. I'm going through the eating too much and feeling bad thing right now. I was doing so well. So I'm in!

what is your goal weight 220
    what is your diet plan: calorie counting
    what is your exercise: P90x with some TurboFire and yoga sprinkled in
  • Ugh I need to get in gear. I've been hovering around the same weight for months. So I've decided I'm doing this before I start law school in the fall.

when are you starting: may 10
    what is your goal weight: 165 by September/ 150 final
    what is your diet plan: calorie counting
    what is your exercise: cardio 5 days strength training 4 days
  • Hi all! I hope I can join in on this thread. I feel like I am starting over again. It's been such a struggle to make real commitments to myself to make serious changes.

what is your goal weight 135
    what is your diet plan: 17 day diet
    what is your exercise: cardio and strength training

I want to feel good about my body and have more confidence.
  • Starting over
    I got frustrated, took a cheat weekend and am now ready to rededicate. It's nice to have some people to start out with. We can do this, TOGETHER!

what is your goal weight 125
    what is your diet plan: Calorie counting/slim fast
    what is your exercise: Treadmill/elliptical/swimming when it's warmer.
  • Ah, just the thread I need right now. When I started my weight loss journey, I sort of "hunkered down", stayed in, and lost weight. Now that it is warmer, I am feeling more social and going out a bunch more. It's leading to lots of extra calories and a loss of focus.

when are you starting: May 9
    what is your goal weight 136
    what is your diet plan: Weight Watchers
    what is your exercise: Zumba, yoga, personal trainer
  • Riiightt here. I was down to 169 last month but I was off track for a month and now I'm 174 again. I seriously cant remember the last time I exercised !! But now I have more of a steady job (8-4) so Im hoping more structure in my life = easier weight loss.

what is your goal weight 155
    what is your diet plan: low cal + exercise.
    what is your exercise: long walks & gym trips (hopefully)
  • I just started a new program, so I guess that puts me in the starting over category. I'd officially re-started May 2nd, but hadn't met with the nutritionist yet, so I'm going to count it from when I began this particular program.

when are you starting: May 7th, 2011
    what is your goal weight: long term 130-140; short term I just want to look good for my wedding!
    what is your diet plan: low calorie (~950/day), high protein (>60g/day), 6 mini-meals a day, every 2 to 3 hours
    what is your exercise: trying out a bunch of gym classes (I've so far done step, zumba, and kick-boxing), elliptical/exercise bike and free weights at home, starting c25k when I get back from my conference next week
  • So happy to find some other people starting over at the same time as me! Trying to buckle down and lose the last 20-25 pounds.

what is your goal weight: 135-140ish
    what is your diet plan: Calorie counting (~1500/day)
    what is your exercise: New Rules of Lifting for Women, HIIT and running
  • Another starting in May

what is your goal weight: 151 by November 1st- short term goal 173
    what is your diet plan: Calorie counting/ generally healthy eating
    what is your exercise: cardio/strength training/ outdoor activities
  • Off to do some beginner yoga. I'm starting to like it. I'm finding that yoga makes me wanna stay active. Maybe because I'm slightly more flexible are moving around easier.
  • I've just begun my weight loss journey, for the first time ever I am seriously buckling down for this. I have started a journal for it, I am weighing in weekly, I am measuring and eating smaller portion sizes... I will be healthier, regardless of what weight I actually ever get to.

My Answers:
    when are you starting: May 9
    what is your goal weight: 72 kilos (approximately just under 160 lbs) My current goal is to lose around 25 kilos (55 lbs) by 2/1/2012
    what is your diet plan: Portion control, exercize, less time 'just sitting around'.
    what is your exercise: Currently the treadmill in my living room infront of my television (where I watch good movies, motivational shows, and educational television). I am also on the hunt for a hula hoop, which is almost impossible here. Once I get the down stairs television hooked up I will begin on my Yoga again.
  • when are you starting: May 1st
    what is your goal weight: short term - 195, long term - 160
    what is your diet plan: eat healthier and exercise more, continue breastfeeding
    what is your exercise: Pilates, Wii Fit, basic aerobics
  • I'm not really restarting right now - I've been doing this since mid-February, but I'm a long time lurker and haven't posted until today! 3FC has really helped me with my goals thus far, and I'm hoping to get even more help if I start posting!

When are you starting: Today!
    What is your goal weight: 140
    What is your diet plan: Nothing official - watching portions, minimizing snacks, just making good and smart choices.
    What is your exercise: Just graduated C25K, and going to sign up for a half-marathon in October.

Good luck to all of you as well!