Nausea on IP

• Anyone else dealing with nausea? Any ideas how to stop feeling this way? I'm so tired of feeling nauseous!
  • Oh no! Is it just me?
  • Quote: Oh no! Is it just me?
    No, it's definitely not just you!

I don't know how far into the program you are. If you're in your first week, it's really common, along with headaches & fatigue. Most people find after the initial carb & sugar withdrawals have subsided, these symptoms go away. If you're beyond your first week, and you're getting your salt & supplements in, you should probably talk to your doctor, or at least your IP coach. Have you read through the 'Newbies' & 'FAQ' threads? You might find some answers there.

Hope you're feeling better soon!
  • I am day... 11 so a little beyond the first week. I didn't have any symptoms last week, maybe they're just late in coming? I've done quite a bit of reading around the forum, but could always use more tips! Thank you!
  • Quote: I am day... 11 so a little beyond the first week. I didn't have any symptoms last week, maybe they're just late in coming? I've done quite a bit of reading around the forum, but could always use more tips! Thank you!
    Another thing I forgot to mention is to not let yourself get too hungry. Did you start out having 4 packets a day? Some people find they just need more protien, and have great weight loss while having the extra one.

Hopefully you've got a knowledgable coach who can help you get over this rough patch!
  • I didn't start with 4, I never needed it. I'm struggling to get to three packets and most days don't make it. Maybe that's my issue...

My coach is super sweet. Super knowledgeable? eeeh...
  • Hi Snowclover,

I have not had frequent nausea, but did find that certain IP products caused stomach problems for me - specifically, the 'savory' ones like chili, soups etc which contain autolyzed yeast extract &/or hydrolyzed protein (which have glutamic acid and may cause issues for people with MSG sensitivities). I no longer use those products.

For nausea, in general, I find that peppermint tea is soothing as well as ginger tea (purchased bags, or steeping slices of fresh ginger).

I hope you feel better!
  • Hello,

I have been on IP for 23 days. I get nauseous when I wait too long to have supper. Even if I have a drink or pudding not too long before. I think that's when my stomach is totally empty and it's telling me I need to get food in there asap! I don't feel like eating but once I do I feel much better.

Good luck!
  • I made a point to eat more yesterday and felt and still feel a lot better. I think it's true that not eating enough on this diet causes nausea at least. I also lost more yesterday than I did the day before! Thanks for your help and advice everyone!