Treadmill Accuracy?

• I walked 3.0mph for 5 mintues, than ran 4.0mph for 2 minutes. all while on a 10.0 incline. and i did this in a cycle for 30minutes, how accurate do you think my treadmill is? it doesn't ask for age, weight or height or anything. the cals just start going once you hit start.. hmmm. it says
    distance : 1.665
    incline : 10.0
    cals : 365

P3210112.jpg

• They are usually highly inaccurate. Check various sources online that give numbers based on age, weight, and gender. I consult several, take the average, and only "count" half of those. For example, today I ran for 30 minutes and the machine spit out 250 as my calories burned, but I'm only counting 125 of those. Better to round way down and underestimate what you burn than over
  • Also, see this sticky thread in this forum: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/exer...-accurate.html
  • 365 calories for just over a mile and a half seems highly inaccurate. I don't trust my treadmill calorie count at all.
  • I think the machines are very inaccurate and use the numbers purely for amusement. For instance, the calories don't change according to the inline. It's the same at 0 as at 10. And trust me, you burn a whole lot more calories the heavier you are!
  • Thank you everyone!