*groan*

• So, as my weight drifts closer to onederland, i've been getting more and more excited --- I have jeans that I have been waiting to wear that I wore last when I was only 7lbs lighter than I am RIGHT NOW!!

Then I had some people comment to me that they thought I was losing weight!!

Then I was laying on a blanket and DH went to pull it (he would always try to pull blankets and my weight made me an anchor - the blanket didnt budge) but this time he yanked me right off the couch!!

Then DH was giving me a hug and wrapped both arms around me and LIFTED ME OFF MY FEET!!!!!

Then I was at work, and my scrub bottoms kept sagging and falling off!! So I had tried on another pair *MEDIUMS!!* and they fit loosely!!

But the scale hadn't really been changing - but thats nothing new, sometimes the scale doesn't budge.

So this morning - I got home from work - thrilled at all of my NSVs, and reached into the closet to put on those old jeans - and sigh... I looked like a sausage and my upper gut poured out over the top of them.

So then I went rummaging through my scrubs looking for more medium sized pants... you see, scrubs - even if they are from the same maker and the same cut and size - can be sized differently. don't ask me how. --- anyway --- i go and find 2 other pair of medium ones on the bottom of my "one day i will fit into these" drawer.... but the other 2 pair of mediums, I can't even pull over my bottom!!! I guess the 1 medium pair I happened to grab was the big pair that weren't sized correctly...

BUT - not to lose hope, I pull out the trusty measuring tape...

I HAVEN'T LOST A CM! In fact, I *gained* 1.25cm!!!!!

So, I was feeling great, felt thinner - explored this 'thinner' aspect and alas... I am not actually thinner. The scale is unchanged. The measuring tape is unchanged. I can't fit into my smaller clothes like I expected...

How disheartening!!!
  • Put those pants away. Do not give pants the power to ruin your day. Keep making the good choices you've been making and celebrating things.
  • Where did you measure? Your waist? My waist changes by a good inch up and down on any given day. My low is 28.5, my high is 31 so I figure I'm around 29.5/30. I think it has to do with water, gas, food...who knows?

My clothes are making me cranky too. There are days I think they really should fit now because I feel smaller...but alas, no.

What I like to do is try on too-small clothes every Saturday, and that's it. So once a week I am measuring my progress this way. Lately though...my trying on days have moved to monthly. It is that slow.
  • Don't get discouraged just keep doing what your doing. Eventually you will see progress just don't check in on it everyday. Change takes time. I use to weigh myself just once a month to ensure I would see change. You're doing great
  • that totally happens to me too. I'll try on an old pair of jeans that magically fits again so then weigh myself and find i haven't actually lost any weight and I try on my other jeans and they don't fit yet. I try to keep up a good attitude and celebrate small victories. If i fit into one pair of jeans then..thats awesome..and keep it moving. don't dwell on the negative
  • Don't get discouraged. From what I read, you are doing GREAT! Keep up the good work, drink plenty of water, and before you know it, you'll be fitting into those cloths in no time. {that's what I keep telling myself too!} Go for Gold!