Attention movie lovers!!!! One movie I recommend and one movie I don’t recommend:

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • The cold weather is here and one thing I like to do when is cold outside is stay under the blankets and watch a good movie. The other night I watched this really stupid movie, which I wish I’ve know how bad it was so I would not had wasted my time and instead would have watched something interesting.
    So I thought that maybe we could help each other in that department giving our picks and warning about what we didn’t like. You can explain your choice your not. It is up to you!
    Please post as many time as you want. We can always use new titles for our movie list.

Here are mine choices for today:
    I recommend: Shutter Island - Awesome suspense!!!
    I don’t recommend: Hot Tub Time Machine - Stupid comedy. It is a bad version of Back to the Future

PS: Even though it isn't a game I am placing it here because it is kind of entertaining.
  • aww I loved hot tub time machine. Lots of good laughs.
  • I really loved: Remember Me.

I thought it would be lame bc the dude from Twilight was in it but it was really good and I found a new respect for him.
  • I haven't seen shutter island yet, although it looked really good. I have to admit that I did see hot tub time machine, and since I knew what I was expecting (cheesy back to the future wannabe about the 80's) I enjoyed it. Of course that's probably because I wasn't expecting much.

For my part,
    I recommend: Grownups. It looks like a really stupid adam sandler movie but it had a lot more substance than I was expecting and was very funny in parts. so it impressed me.

I don't recommend: Brief interviews with hideous men. It's a bit of a documentary but it's so choppy there's no actual plot. The best part? It's only 80 minutes and I watched it free on netflix.
  • I liked both of them- hot tub time machine was just a silly comedy but fun to get a few laughs.
  • I recommend: Cop Out. It's very funny. We laughed all the way through it. Also if you are a fan of Kevin Smith then this is for you.

I don't recommend: Losers. We shut it off almost half way through it. It was boring and slow.
  • T totally recommend: Due Date - If you liked Hangover as I did, you will love this movie...
    I don’t recommend: Hereafter - I want my 2 hours back!!!
  • I loved shutter island, The Town

Amazing
  • I recommend: Akeelah and the Bee. It has a wonderful message; and although it is a classic uplifting story, it fulfills it's purpose with an unusual story line and wonderful characters.

I do not recommend: Any of the Transformers movies. I just never enjoyed how they were handled.
  • I loved Shutter Island and Hot Tube time machine....I don't watch movies often enough.

I recently went to see a movie in the theater with my lil bro (he's 16), we went to see Tangled. I ended up loving the movie!! It was cute, the songs were catchy, and it had a twist that most people wouldn't expect (I expected it though, but I'm just good at judging movies) It was completely worth the 7 bucks...and it's in 3D
  • Awesome = Going the Distance!!!!

Not Awesome = Date Night
  • I may be the loner here that gets made fun of , but I totally recommend Eclipse. I wasn't a fan of the first Twilight movie, the second one was decent, but I loved the third one.

As for movies I don't recommend I rarely watch new movies, so I don't have any new suggestions.
  • For Colored Girls: Recommended
    It will grab you!
  • One of my movies is older, one is recent.
    I recommend The Fisher King. Arthurian legend in early 90s New York. Amazing movie. I laughed and cried. I first got exposed to it when I was taking an English course on Arthurian Legend.
    I definitely do not recommend Morning Glory. Rachel McAdams and Harrison Ford, and Diane Keaton. The only thing that stuck out from this movie is just how old and awful Harrison is lookng.
  • I recommend: "Despicable Me" - It's so FLUFFY!!!!!!!
    I don’t recommend: "Cop Out" - don't even watch it on TV...for free