Hate V-8 - Do I need vegetables at breakfast?

• I'm just starting my second week of Phase 1 and have not been getting many vegetables with breakfast. (I eat the majority of my breakfasts at the office, so generally have to-go things like ricotta muffins and SB egg muffins.) All the meal plans I see include a serving of V-8 with breakfast, but honestly, this would become the bulimia diet for me if I had to drink that stuff! I get plenty of veggies at lunch, snacks and dinner. Do I need them at breakfast, too? Thanks!
  • I also hate V8 and don't drink it. I try to just put veggies in my eggs (like scrambled eggs with peppers, etc).

You could probably make it up at home then reheat it in the microwave at work, but I'll be honest I don't always get all my veggies in at breakfast- but I get a ton the rest of the day with lunch and dinner and my snacks.
  • Nope, you don't have to eat veggies with breakfast! The V-8 is just a way to sneak in a serving for people who have a hard time getting enough veggies. I actually like it with things like a spinach omelet but in general I don't drink it often.

But I do try to get a serving of *fruit* in (when you're in Phase 2 of course) at breakfast. Berries in particular. Or cottage cheese with grapefruit, or black grapes, etc.
  • Good to know. I had the V8 vegetable juice and it was gross.
  • You absolutely do not have to have veggie with breakfast. You can have anything you want, any time of the day, as long as it meets the guidelines of which Phase you are on. Just make sure you are getting the required amount of veggies and dairy every day.