Snack ideas - sweet and under 200 cals

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • My typical afternoon snack is an apple with splenda sweetened FF cream cheese. I'm getting really bored with it and need new ideas. I prefer sweet snacks in the afternoon (I have a horrible sweet tooth) and I'd like them in the 150-200 cal range to fit into my plan. Ideas?
  • I love the skinny cow ice cream cones and skinny cow ice cream sandwiches. 150 calories per serving!
  • Any WW ice cream cups, Kettle Korn (Orville Reddenbachers 100 cal. packs), Cantaloupe (About 5 calories an ounce).
  • I love having a 100 Cal yogurt + fruit (an apple, a banana). If I have time I cut up the fruit and dip it in the yogurt. It's sweet and contains enough volume to keep me satisfied for a while.
  • if you like a sweet crunchy snack, I pre-package snack baggies of 1/2 cup of Quaker Oatmeal Squares cereal which comes in at 105 calories per baggie.
  • You can make your greek yogurt parfait in 200 calories. I use crushed nature valley granola bar (80 calorie), some berries (around 20 calories) and greek yogurt worth 100 calorie to make a perfect healthy sweet snack.
  • I'm not sure if this is sweet enough for you. For me, it's like a mocha milkshake.

- 6oz Dannon light n' fit vanilla yogurt (83cal)
    - 6oz chilled coffee (I make a few cups at a time of decaf and regular and keep them in the fridge for this purpose...weird, I know)
    - 1 banana (100-125cal depending on the size)
    - 2tbsp Hershey's sugar free chocolate syrup (15 cal)
    - 1-2tbsp Torani sugar free hazelnut syrup (0 cal)
    - ice
    TOTAL: about 200cal

Throw everything together, and blend. It makes a massive smoothie that fills me up. I've put protein powder in this and taken it to work/class as breakfast and it easily keeps me satisfied (and a boost from the coffee). Or I'll use decaf and drink it as a dessert/snack. The syrup is optional, but I like the flavor. There are also lots of sugar free Torani flavors available. Pretty much, I'll take over or in replacement of anything from Starbucks.

Again using the sugar free chocolate syrup, dip bananas or strawberries or orange wedges in a bowl of measured chocolate syrup. Yummy! Sweet/choco fix plus healthy fruit.
  • A large orange cut into a 6-8 oz container of vanilla yogurt (I make my own with very little sugar, but you could use any of the light yogurts since you are ok with sweeteners) It is enormous, filling and tastes like a creamsicle.
  • Peel and cut up an apple, put it in a microwave dish, sprinkle with cinnamon,splenda and tablespoon oatmeal. Microwave for two min.
  • 1/2 cup lowfat yogurt, 1/2 cup fiber one cereal and 2 TBL fat free liquid non-dairy creamer in any flavor you'd like. I like the hazlenut. 180 cals.

Barb
  • A cheese stick and a cup of grapes. (or an apple)
  • Fiber One Bar!!! About 140 calories a bar.
  • Emerald Cocoa Roast Almonds 100 cal packs..Dark chocolate
    These are just sweet enough.
  • If you are a chocoholic like me you will love the skinny cow fudge or ice cream bars (100 calories). But I also love vitamin muffins. They are small muffins in the refrigerated section. I buy the chocolate ones and stick them in the microwave for 1 minute and voila your own warm chocolate muffin for only 100 calories.
  • I, too, have a huge sweet tooth! My latest snack keeps my sweet tooth satisfied and doesn't kill my day, calorie-wise!

1 Wasa Crisp Lite Flatbread Cracker
    3/4 tablespoon natural peanut butter
    6-8 M&Ms