Ladies - did your drive come back when you lost weight....

• For those of you who have zero sex drive....did it come back once you started losing weight? I have no medical reason for my lack of drive.....and I'm just hoping someday I will want it....even just a tiny bit.
  • I am so glad someone posted this. I, unfortunately, don't have an answer as I am still so far away from a great loss.

I did hear Dr. Oz say that obesity affects sex drive because your hormones are all out of whack, which would make sense.
  • I think it helps to get in a good weigh in. I have lost 59 lbs in the past 8 months, but it is a day in and day out following my food plan that helps the most as my sanity returns.
  • For me, absolutely. I've lost 40lbs and still have 30 or so to go. The difference has been marked. I feel so much better in my own skin and my self-esteem has gone way up. My husband could care less how much I weigh, but when I feel sexier he definitely notices I'm more interested. I don't know if its hormone related or simply self-esteem related, but my depression and my libido have improved dramatically.
  • I have to agree with edesjarlais. I lost 92ish lbs now and its not thats I really ever had a problem in that area, but I definitely feel a lot sexier than I had.
  • i dont' know, i know i still i have the drive, but find myself not doing anything because i am feeling fatter lately so it has slowed but only because i dont' feel sexy, my hubby tells me all the time i am and he loves my body, but I want to FEEL sexy when he tells me that. i am hoping to get there some day. so my drive will go up even more and he will be blown away.........
  • Maybe my hormones were out of whack but I used to have a bigger drive when I was heavier.
  • I know how you feel.I have just started Weight Watchers & I need to lose at least 100 lbs.But,I to have no drive whatsoever.I hope losing a few of my unwanted weight brings a little drive back and(I know my husband does).I'm really glad to hear someone is like me in that department.
  • Quote: Maybe my hormones were out of whack but I used to have a bigger drive when I was heavier.
    Me too. I am assuming it's because when my PCOS was in full flower, my testosterone is heavier. So I guess that's two things that suck about losing weight--sex drives go down and I have to deal with TOM again!
  • I hope so...
  • Though I haven't lost enough to see a dramatic improvement, I can say YES - for me, the weight definitely negatively impacted my sex drive.

Before I gained so much weight, I had a fairly high sex drive. But as the weight came on, I felt ugly and gross and much of my sex drive dwindled. As I'm starting to lose the weight now, it's starting to get better, but I still have a long way before I'm "back to me" again.

Feeling sexy and confident and WANTED will do wonders for your love life!
  • Are you kidding about your sex drive going DOWN when you lost weight. Man, thirty pounds down and feeling great I am having whoopee with honey a heck of a lot more. He is enjoying my body as much as I am. Hang in there, you WILL want sex much more....just you wait!
  • I'm with nelie and shmead - my drive has dipped to dangerously low since I've lost weight. I used to be um... "interested" literally all the time... now? Not so much. It's not good and I'm working on it. =/

updated to add: I don't have pcos... recently got my physical. =/ I'm just broken
  • It could be a PCOS thing
  • My sex drive was low for a bit.... but i have no problem at all in that area.. if you dont feel confident naked .. just do what i did.. really cute.. little negliche (you can sometimes find them at wal mart for 20 dollars) it covers your tummy.. brings the girls out, i always feel much sexier in that than naked lol plus most guys like the bedroom wear!
    good luck!