Back from Vacation

• I spent a WONDERFUL 4 days in Montego Bay with my BF. I didn't binge (because I was with my BF) but I did eat things I probably shouldn't have (i.e. jerk chicken and pineapple ice cream). I told myself I was going to enjoy myself and not focus on the food. I feel terribly guilty about what I did eat and am trying to reconcile those feelings of failure. Did I really fail myself by choosing to eat some of the things I ate? This always happens and leads me to say "F-it" and go on a bingening spree.

Hopefully, I am nipping this in the bud right now by typing this out and marching upstairs to jump on the elliptical.

• there is nothing wrong with enjoying food and enjoying your vacation... the food is fuel and sometimes we eat what we like... if you didnt binge, i would be patting yourself on the back and being proud! don't torment yourself about having a couple 'treats' ... you didnt go hog-wild... you were sensible and composed... enjoy that feeling! dont beat yourself up! getting on the elliptical is agreat idea! feel like you've accomplished something excellent, because you did!!!
  • YOu were right to enjoy your vacation and eat things you get once in a lifetime! as you said - you did not binge! So you stayed in control. Good job, no reason to feel guilty or say "f it"... just go back to your normal routine, no self-punishing or anything. when you go back to your normal routine, give it a week, the weight you MAY have gained while on vacation will fall right off