Hi there...

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • .... can I join you?

I just celebrated my 26th birthday yesterday and decided that it's finally time to get serious about losing all this weight. I weighed in yesterday at 233.5 and would like to loose about exactly 100lbs.

I have been picking away at making positive changes for the past few months, and although I haven't seen a change in the scale I do feel a million times better physically than I did before. I am a junk food junkie - fast food was my biggest vice and over the past few months I've totally eliminated it from my diet. A few weeks back my husband and I stopped at a Wendy's for a quick snack, all I ate was a kids meal hamburger (no mayo or cheese) and I was so sick afterwards I couldn't believe it. Funny how when you eat that junk everyday you build up a tolerance to all the grease. I'm by no means a reformed eater here, I still struggle with junk food, unhealthy snacking, and the occasional binge but at least I've conquered the fast food demon!

I'm not following a specific diet plan at the moment, just trying to eat healthier. Small changes are working well for me and I don't feel as though I'm giving anything up like I have before when I tried to lose weight - I don't want to mess up a good thing! Feeling like I'm deprived of everything was the reason that I fell of the wagon so many times before.

I started a modified couch to 5k running plan yesterday and I hope to be able to stick with it. I screwed up my knee pretty bad last spring at work and it just healed up last November so I have to be pretty careful. I think if I stretch each week out to two weeks I should be okay.

~ Krysi
  • Welcome to 3fc's Krysi!

Small changes that you can stick to for the long term is an excellent strategy .

I also did the C25K program last year!
  • Hi Krysi!

Welcome! I was also a serious fast foodaholic and giving it up was the best thing I've ever done for myself. You won't regret it. Glad you found us!
  • WELCOME Krysi! Congrats on all of the positive changes you have already made and I look forward to getting to know you better!
  • Welcome! I'm new here too, but it seems like a great place so far

Good luck!!
  • Welcome to the group!! Glad to see you making such great choices. I am a junk food junkie as well - it is a tough job to stay on track some days but others it just comes natural. Hang in there!! Good luck!
  • Welcome to 3FC! Looks like you already have a good start . Have you been taking your measurements? I've found sometimes even if the weight is not dropping, my measurements are. I've even "gained" a pound or 2 and still lost measurements. The weight loss should catch up eventually.
  • Welcome!!

• Good luck. Sounds like you are starting with a good strategy.
  • OH, I forgot to mention that I am also 26 and just started last month.

2010 will be our year...I just know it!
  • Welcome to the group! Glad your here
  • welcome!
    A.
  • Your plan sounds great. I am also doing my own brand of Couch to 5K. It's tough, but I'm starting to actually like running. I hope you enjoy it too. Just take it one day at a time with the knee and don't push too hard. I know that feeling too, though for me it's an ankle. There are days when my head and my heart want it, but my ankle just has no go. I'd rather give it up that day than re-injure myself and have to give it up completely.
  • Welcome Krysie !
  • Welcome aboard! I always love getting to know new folks!