41 is the beginning of a new me!

• Hi all, my name is Jacquelyn. Tuesday I turned 41 and Wednesday I decided it was time to get control. I've been heavy most of my adult life and frankly, I'm over it. I realize it will be a hard journey for me as I have tried so many times before and failed. I failed becaue I wasn't able to stay committed, grew tired, no support, etc. This time I will take responsibility for myself and get healthy! Not only for myself but my two children. I am still the most beautiful person in the world to them and I never want them to look at me and think mom's fat. I also need to be a better influence for my daughter so she will not follow me down the fat path.

All that rambling aside, I am happy to be here and hope to make new friends that can share my journey with me.
  • Welcome Jacquelyn and Happy Birthday good luck on your weight loss journey, you'll be setting a great example for your kids by getting healthy and staying determined. Good luck! x
  • Jacquelyn ~ good for you; now is as good a time as any to get healthier for yourself and your daughters. We have lots of interesting threads and forums here; take a look around, read lots, and then just jump right in wherever you feel comfortable ...