You've. Got. To. Be. Kidding. Me.

You're on Page 1 of 3
Go to
  • When I lost my first 15 lbs, I couldn't tell a difference. I figured it would take a few more.. and now that I've lost 24, not only can I not tell, but I actually feel BIGGER (especially in my stomach & face). And by the look of my pictures.. it seems I've made no progress at all.

Looking at these pictures is shocking. I can't believe I'm this big. The first set - where I'm wearing jeans - are after the first week. The second set were taken this past Thursday.

I'm guessing because I have so much to lose it will take even more before I or anyone else start to notice. It's just so frustrating!!! Any advice :/?
  • i see a huge difference!!! especially in the second picture from the left! you are looking good girl!!!
  • Those 24lbs came right off your hips from the looks of it!! You are starting to show those pounds lost - to me! Also, I use a measuring tape once a month to give myself a better judge of what's going on. The tape doesn't lie.
  • Ok, so I misread your post and thought the first two jeans pics were the first week and the second two jeans pics were the second week. I was going "yeah there really aren't any changes, hmmm." Then I scrolled down. *blonde moment*

I see a difference! Looks like your butt has gone done and a little has been shaved off your tummy too!! I can't see a difference in my body, but my husband notices changes in my tummy (seems that's where I lose it first) and my mom noticed changes in my face.

It might not register with you, but trust me it's happening. Be proud of yourself for what you've accomplished so far!
  • Hey chickie!

Here's the deal. I don't know you, so I have no reason to lie to you, right? Trust me, there's definitely a difference. And I totally get it - when people mention my weight loss, I don't see it at all. But believe me, you look different! Congrats on all the hard work so far, and seriously, it's working!!!

Keep it up!
  • I can see a difference! I think its a mind trick, because before your area underneath your boobs was naturally tapered and looked very thin, now that you've lost stomach fat, the tapering doesn't show as much as that area is still thin, but the gap is small. It gives the illusion of gained weight, but if you look carefully, you realise there are definately inches lost! Use some measuring tape, you'll get a more accurate look

You are also wearing shorts in the second photo, the jeans you had before could have been hiding things too!
  • I can totally see a difference in the two sets of pics! Especially in your hips. Keep it up!
  • Definitely can see a difference Congrats
  • I absolutely do see a difference. I know it can be hard to see in yourself. I feel the same way when I look at my own progress pics. I've lost almost 40 lbs and feel like it looks like nothing. And as far as feeling bigger, I experienced that at about minus 30 lbs. It was really frustrating, I could swear my lower belly was growing by the day! But it's really just in your head. You're being too critical of yourself.
    Just stay focused and try to eliminate those negative thoughts. Many of us are guilty of tearing ourselves down. When you catch yourself thinking negatively, come up with something positive about yourself. It might be hard at first, but I promise you have good qualities and have/will make great achievments to be proud of. Keep pushing through, eventually your mind will catch up to the awesome progress your body has made
  • Have those eyes checked kiddo....
  • Do you take measurements? Sometimes that can tell so much more than what you see in the mirror.
  • Carissa,
    from your profile picture, you have to be one of the prettiest girls out there.

all I can say is that we all have moments where we feel "fatter than before we started", have moments of "I can't believe I did this to myself and will i always be a fat person" and "I am working so hard at this and my every waking thought is consumed with food/diet/ and the plan". unfortunately as women we have hormonal changes that effect the brain etc. and the moods will cycle with your cycle ( we feel the best about ourselves when we are ovulating, nature makes it that way for a reason.

Hang in there, it will work and you have every reason to do this and be happy with who you are and who you will become.
  • WOW! Keep up the good work!!!
  • You are definitely taking up less space. In your side pics your butt is quite a bit smaller and I see a difference in your hips too. I agree with everyone else use a tape measure to see progress. It best to wear the same kind of outfit too for your before and afters.

You are doing great! keep up the hard work!
  • Thank you all for the encouragement and support. I think I'll get a measuring tape next time I'm at walmart like most of you suggested.. that'll be a good way to keep track. I've started taking my pictures in those same shorts so I can see my legs and such..

Sunnigummi- LOL, i have those ditzy moments myself..

StephanieMuirhead - i get what you said about the whole "mind trick" thing.. makes sense and makes me feel a little better about it

Quote: Keep pushing through, eventually your mind will catch up to the awesome progress your body has made
    - i like that.. and I'm looking forward to that moment. I have those same thoughts, that my stomach is getting bigger and bigger.. I'm glad I'm not the only one to have them!

Quote: Carissa,
    from your profile picture, you have to be one of the prettiest girls out there.
    - thank you thank you thank you. I'm sure I'll have more of these moments, just like you said we all do.. thank goodness I have you all!!

Thanks again everyone.. you're all so kind & helpful!