Hello from Oklahoma!

• I'm very excited to have found this site. My name is Rebekah, and I have been on a continuous journey to eat healthier, exercise and lose weight.

Last year I was doing great, and was at about 140. After the death of my grandpa, a back injury which still affects me, and moving I was up to 156-158. While I don't feel that I was ugly, or felt shame about my weight, I needed to lose the weight to be healthier.

It is hard because my back still goes out a lot. I'm not quite 30, and I haven't been able to jump rope or do any jarring exercise for the last year.

When I moved I didn't subscribe to cable, and got very few channels in on our TV. So I began to read. A lot. After reading about what the "comfort" foods were really doing to me, I changed my eating habits, and have lost 10lbs. Thank you, Michael Pollan, Nina Planck, and Dr. Oz!

I definitely need the support to keep going. It's a long rode, but I want to get to a healthy weight, and keep from inheriting the diabetes, cardiovascular disease, and cancer that my grandparents had.
  • Hi Rebekah and welcome to 3FC!

Congrats on your success and good luck with your goals

Hugs
    Michelle
  • Hello, Rebekah, and welcome I am glad you are joining us!

I wish you the best on your weight loss journey.

Cheers,

J
  • Hello, Rebekah, and welcome to the forums. I'm glad to see that you are taking a proactive approach to managing health issues that are prevalent in your family. I disregarded my family's history of diabetes and waited until my own diagnosis to change my lifestyle. You're on the right track and this is a great place for support.
  • Welcome:

• Welcome Rebekah! Good luck to you on your weightloss joureny!