5 Day Pouch Test Day 1-5

You're on Page 1 of 3
Go to
  • I figured I'd Post the Pouch Test Experience for a Step By Step (or indeed sip by sip) account in case anyone wants to try it
    I'm on Day 1
    Had 1/2 cup of 1% Milk with my vities
    20 oz coffee with whole Milk (from the fluffly coffee place next door) and 2 scoops of isopure for Breakfast
    I'm sipping on my 5 cup bottle of watery iced tea I can't do straight water
    I brought baggies with 2 scoops of isopure each in them and 2 snapple bottles with 8-10 oz of Crystal light sunrise.
    and a 5.5 oz can of v8 in case I get the woozies
    So far not hungry a little burpy and feelign my legs start to unswell.

This scale this AM read 146 and my ankles are the size of Navel Oranges.
    I took My Time Sipping My Creamsicle Protein shake and found myself a bit overfull on 10-12 oz of Crystal light and 2 scoops isopure

its about 2:17 pm in a relatively high pressure day Normally I'd be eating something now and be darn hungry for it so far I'm not and I'm holding off on Shake #3 until my body asks for it
  • So its a liquid protein diet? If you can tolerate it you can probably drink V8 and stuff like that?

I'm thinking of doing this too..
  • The first 2 days is liquids
    the 3rd is soft protein like eggs/tuna
    the f4th is firm protein like ground meat
    and the 5th and final is solid protein

no drinking 1/2 before and after and the non liquid meals are supposed to last around 15 min.
    Kaye the lady who developed this has all kind of soup recipes and whatnot for the liquid days
    and you can have protein shakes all the way through if you like
    or soft proteins on the firm and solid days and so on
    I'm going out to lunch on day 4 however the place we're going to makes Italian tuna salad. so I'm good to go.
    The whole point is to shrink your pouch/banded area, show you how little it takes to be comfy and kill the cravings.

I do think my new name should be Tinkles the clown!
  • I am going to try this too, maybe starting it next week. Too much hoopala going on right now.
  • Yeah.... sounds like a good plan to me, sensible.

Thanks for bringing this up again KO I think it would be good to make this a sticky.

• http://www.5daypouchtest.com/
    There is the URL for interested parties
  • I had a strange Hypoglycemic thing happen yesterday. . .that's been happening for a while so adding in more milk today
    Made a chocolate shake last night soooo goood
    2 tbsp of cocoa Powder
    3-4 tbsp splenda
    Trader Joes vanilla
    8 oz of milk
    2 scoops Isopure

Whisk cocoa splenda 2 oz of milk and vanilla into slurry (I used a fork) then add in remaining milk then protein
    Surprisingly good and the alcohol Free vanilla made the difference!
    on to day 2!
  • My fibro is hittign pretty hard today
    I had a Choc protein shake for breakie and I just had a creamsicle shake for AM snack
    if one of my gfs hits the grocery at lunch I'm going to get a soup at hand and just drink the broth
    then have a vanilla shake this afternoon. . .milk and protein when my sugars usually drop
    Little shaky today but not sure if its day 2 or the fibro
    not cravy just a little weak

I ended up eating the soup at hand and the noodles no adverse effects but I don't feel like I'm dying
    she does allow for carbs I just didn't have time to make her soups
  • Last Night I got home and made a PB protein shake
    which I ate 2/3 of (I just added 2 tbsp PB to my normal Vanilla)

Later last night I made 3 oz of Tuna with a tbsp of LF Mayo b/c I got really weak and was kinda scary foggy
    (I think if I took the time to make her carby soups I would not hav had this happen)
    I'm down 3 pounds today (Think from Legs unswelling) and my pouch is definitely more sensitive so Little sips and bites today!
  • I'm amazed by how little it takes to be satiated. I was hungry by lunch but waiting the half hour for my water to leave the pouch. Sat down with my tuna muffin I had brought 2 out and was comfortable on 1

around 2:45 my blood sugar or something dropped I got hot but before I started to feel sick grabbed my bag of cashews and was ok
    The Cashews are NOT OP I think PB is but I needed somethign More portable
    I'm just amazed at how little food it took to fill me
    that being said My tuna muffisn had flax parmesan Mozz and cheddar in or on them and 1/4 cup dried minced onion so they were more like Tuna bricks
    119 calories and 13 g protein
  • WOW, I'm glad its working, I'm looking forward to trying it... you know, the less I eat the better I feel too.. but its hard to get to that point (does that make sense?).

Thanks for all these updates KO...
  • Not a problem!!! Day 4 is going to be a challenge I'm working from home
    Last night I had 1/2 cup of ff rf beans with spices and shredded cheddar
    later on a fudge pop
    Today I had a tuna muffin and a while after that Morning Thunder Tea with a little Milk and a scoop of Protein
    we're getting takeout coz dh and I are WFH today so Steamed Chicken shrimp or tof with black bean sauce
    Tonight going to trader Joes with My gf I hope

The big change that's made the most difference is not drinking with my meals and having the half hour wait between eating and drinking I'm satiated longer
    also thirsty enough to motivatedly drink liquid
  • COOL !!! I love hearing about your day.. does it seem easier as they pass?

Have fun at Trader Joes... I like that store
  • The only tough day was day 2 2 days of liquids is hard but as I said if I made her carb monster soups I wouldn't have been so sick.
    Lunch changed up a bit
    Today is Firm Protein
    So DH wanted Pizza
    i can't eat just the top of Pizza. . .it's a trigger
    so we went to Grossi In BH they have outdoor seating I ate the inside of part of a cheese steak About a cup of meat with onions peppers and cheese
    Ideal no but workable and
    Here is the INSANE!!! Part
    Normally when I order this somewhere I'm really REALLY tempted by bread and this roll was gorgeous
    I noted that it was a gorgeous roll and didn't give in
    So my cravings are dying!!
    That being said
    if I don't go to the bathroom soon I'm going to need drano.
    am hoping if I can get out of work early that DH and I can hit TJS my gf is being a bit pouty so don't know if I'll see her
  • Awesome !!! I am so going to do this and will report my days here as well. Maybe it will help w/my acid reflux too