Any Computer Techs Out There ? I Need Help Please

• Hi...
    Hopefully you can help me...
    I'm going to be away from my PC for a few days, will be borrowing a friends laptop and using the wireless internet connection offered in the room where I'm staying...

How do I set up the laptop to get my stuff ??... I want my email (MS OutLook Express) 3FC, pogo, FB, a few others and of course google capabilities. I'm medium puter-savy, but I haven't a clue how to do this, at least I don't think I do... LOL

Any and all advice will be appreciated.
    Thanks !!
  • Are you asking how to set up the wireless conection, or how to configure the computer for your preferences?
  • WiFi is Easy
    If you're using MS Windows,

[Start] -> [Settings] -> [Control Panel] -> [Network Connections] -> [Wireless Network Connections] -> [View Wireless Connections]

Then do what the provider tells you to do in choosing the network and the password.

Then, when you open your favorite browser and mail program, etc. they'll find their way to MLB.COM and all the rest on their own.

I'm not a computer tech, but I travel with a laptop. You can practice by doing this at a friendly Starbucks or other WiFi place.
  • Why Bill... I hardly know yee... LOL... thank you... sounds easy enough.. You know I can't live w/out my scores and Live games...

I just looked at that procedure... pretty easy once I knew where to look...
    I'll prolly be picking your brain again as time of departure draws near...