green tea included in daily 8 glasses of water?

• Hi!

I'm curious... I don't consider soda or coffee products to be part of my daily "8 glasses of water." I do drink plain herbal tea and am starting to drink plain green tea.

Do people accept green tea as "part" of the daily 8 glasses of water or not (since it does contain smaller doses of caffeine than regular coffee).

thanks!

~ tea
  • If you don't add sugar/sweetener to the tea, then I would count it as water.
  • Yup! I think you can count it...because lets face it, tea is pretty much, well, WATER! Adding a teabag just makes it easier to go down, lots of time. Now if you are making Long Island Iced Tea, then you MAY wanna count it differently, but green tea? Go for it!

Kira

ps. Holy smokes, girl! 162!!! I AM reading that right, no???
    WOW....
  • I've seen some recent research that contradicts the older advice that coffee and tea don't count towards your recommended water intake.

There's a BBC article about tea (news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/5281046.stm), I can't immediately find the one about coffee. But it seems like (when drunk in moderation), some non-water drinks do in fact count, and may actually have added benefits.