Dr. Scholl's Custom Fit Orthodics

• So, I saw a commercial for Dr. Scholl's Custom Fit Orthodics today. I've been having some issues with foot pain lately (mostly when I start working out, in my arch area), probably due to lazy summer shoes that lack support. I went to the Dr. Scholl's website to see what it was all about and it looks rather promising. You stand on a machine that maps your feet and where you tend to place pressure, then recommends the proper insert piece for you.

I always buy inserts when I buy shoes... but I'm thinking perhaps the one I currently have isn't working for me as it should. I'm planning on trying this out, mostly because it much more convenient than finding & going to someone certified.

But my question is: has anyone tried this out? Or does anyone have any opinions about it? (I'll post my opinion after I try them out for a bit)
  • Oh please let me know how these work for you! DH manages a restaurant and is on his feet all day long, we've been considering custom insoles for him but Good Feet (the place that's near us) is crazy expensive if they end up being like the cheap insoles he burns through every month.