went shopping...

• and got a new swimsuit (swimdress) and it is the most flatering I have ever owned. It's adorable!

Can't wait till the pool opens!

Btw, I got it at Lane Bryant, they actually don't sell them in the store but someone had returned one and it was my size!

I find though that I MUST wear a bra with swimsuits. it's annoying but these girls just go wild without one! lol
  • I got an adorable bathing suit too this past weekend!
  • I have a goal to find a swimsuit this coming weekend. I haven't shopped for one in several years but I have a pool at my apartment complex and I am determined to use it from time to time this summer.
  • Yay! Clothes shopping is fun!
  • I just got a suit, too. One of those horrible two-pieces with swim pants. I've been avoiding them for a couple years, but I HAVE to have a suit this weekend, and this was the only style our fat-lady-shop had. *grumbles*

I just can't imagine what it will be like to swim in the silly thing. But at least it's more modest than some I've seen. It has a big floaty panel over the belly.
  • How exciting! It's always nice to find something you feel great in!

I think I'm going to need to hit the stores soon too... I got out of my car the other day and my sister was like, "Oh my God, that looks so weird... it looks like you're wearing clown pants." LOL.
  • I'm thinking of buying another miracle suit. Last one I bought was when I was size 24. I wanted a pair of shorts bottoms and top. I have a regular swimsuit but I'm going somewhere in July where people I know will see me... Yikes.
  • Lottie - I make sure and buy swimsuits that have that the extra lining in the top with the elastic base? I find it really hard to find - sometimes I just ask a seamstress to sew one in for me. It really helps to keep everything 'in place'. Just don't buy halter-style tops - because they really hurt your neck! Even at this weight I spend year-to-year every weekend in the sea/sailing/at the beach so I've grown to love my swimsuits and know how to shop for them.

(DH laughs at me, but even though I know it's probably completely out of my reach (esp after having a child and not keen on tummy-tuck's) I'd love to have a really hot Brazilian style beach body!