Diet ice creams don't stay frozen

• Has anyone else found that their diet/low fat ice cream products don't stay frozen in the freezer? Everything else in my freezer is rock solid frozen....vegetables, meats, liquidd...everything but low fat ice cream or skinny cow cones/sandwiches etc. Basically anything that resembles ice cream isn't getting mushier by the day to the point where individually packaged frozen treats are the consistency of oatmeal.

i've had full fat ice cream in the same freezer with no problem at all. is it the diet ice cream that is the problem? how come it stays frozen in the grocery store freezer? anyone have a solution??
  • I have never had that happen. I buy Skinny cow sandwiches and bars all the time..I am not sure which ones you are getting...
  • I've bought Skinny Cow cones and ice cream sandwiches and recently bought Edy's Slow Churned ice cream. I've had the Edy's for 2 days and it's the consistency of thawed whipped topping already!
  • I have never tried anything but the skinny cow Ice cream treat things and they have been great for me! I even had to clean out the freezer and the ice cream sandwiches didn't lose shape after at least 20 minutes!
  • Put it in the back closer to where the freeze blows out. Only buy ice cream when you are planning only a quick trip to the grocery store so you can get it home asap.
  • I haven't had that problem with diet ice cream. Do you always put all the ice cream in the same part of the freezer? Maybe the air isn't circulating well in that area.

I'm having a problem with my five-year old refridgerator freezing things (mostly stuff placed near the back of the fridge, but also eggs). The manual said to try cleaning out the coils in the back of the fridge.
  • I've never had that problem, either. I agree - clean the coils. That's often the culprit for overly warm temperatures. You wouldn't want meat partially thawing in there.
  • Never had that problem either.
  • actually i have the opposite problem- it seems to get ice crystals and icy and starts to taste like ... freezer. yuck.