A new me!

• Hello! I am so happy that I have found this site! I am 24- soon to be 25, from Wisconsin. I have been making so many changes in the past year- new home, career, friends, college, etc, that it's time to focus on my body. I was 249 at my heaviest weight two years ago. I have lost and kept 19lbs off over the past two years. It's time to kick it up and lose the rest! =) I am on a strict calorie counting diet. For exercise, I walk 4 miles on my treadmill 4 times a week, practice taekwondo and walk my dog daily for about 1 1/2- 2 miles.
    I look forward to the coming months and achieving my goal.

Kelly

PS I made the cornflake chicken and a ton of ppl raved at how delicious it was (and it was my secret how healthy it was!)
  • Welcome! Well done on your success so far.

Don't you love sneaking healthy food to people? My boyfriend and mother in law are big on "homestyle" cooking - meat, potatoes, butter, etc but sometimes I'm able to sneak a good meal by them.
  • Receipes
    Thank you! I am wondering if you have any good healthy receipe suggestions for the "meat and potatoes" crowd?
    Thanks a lot =)
  • I'm learning to cook so my successful recipe list is shorter than I'd like it to be, but the Hungry Girl newsletter is a great place for "swap" ideas that pass for the full fat recipes. And also I love, love Recipe Zaar where you can search by everything including ingredient and nutrition info.

The best reviews I've had are on Italian Potato Casserole from Zaar and pizza inspired by the Hungry Girl grocery list (turkey pepperoni, low fat cheeses, etc).
  • Welcome to 3FC! I'm glad you're here!! Surf around and settle in! We have subforums based on age, food plan, exercise and more!

Congrats on the loss so far! Check out the 20 something section for great support and the Food subforum for lots of healthy recipes.
  • Hey there. I'm new here too. Sounds like you're on the right path with your exercise. I'm sure you will find help here too. Good luck.
  • Thank you CarolinaGirl. I have just been doing the treadmill for about 2 weeks. My hardest part is keeping motivated. I can't wait for some nicer weather when I can walk more outside with my dog, only bad part about winter =)
    Good luck with your goals and hopefully we can lean on eachother for some support as needed. Have a good weekend! =)
  • Hi
    I am also new here and can't wait for nicer and warmer weather. I have an elliptical at home that I use quite often, but I would much rather being doing something outside!
  • Welcome to this amazing site. I have only been here since Wednesday, but it has provided me with plenty of information already!
  • Hey girls! I'm glad to get to know you and watch us achieve our goals =)