Please help! Need suggestions for inspirational CD for my mom

• Hi all, I hope you guys can help. My mom lost her husband of 24 years right before Thanksgiving. I would like to get her a CD for Christmas. I'm particularly interested in a Christian CD with lyrics about trusting God, putting your faith in God, with God everything with turn out okay, etc. She has mentioned several times she was comforted by the fact she had a little chat with God before Tom's surgery and put everything in God's hands.

I am not familiar with that genre of music, but I'm looking for something pretty (not too teenyboppy) it can sound country (my mom loves Crystal Gale, for example).

Thanks!!!!

Jen
  • Well, Ain't No Mountain High Enough (Marvin Gaye and Tammy What's-Her-Name) and His Eyes Are on the Sparrow (Gaye version) would be my first suggestion, off the top of my head.

ETA: I know that's not "Christian" per se, but the latter is gospel and you can't go wrong with Motown
  • I love this beautiful song "Family Tree" from my hometown (L.A.) heroes "Venice."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zcEURhzbbA8
  • I really like country gospel and I'd be comforted by old standard hymns sung by Patsy Cline, Jim Reeves, Hank Williams Sr., the Statlers, Johnnie Cash, Alan Jackson, Randy Travis ...

Precious Memories, In the Garden, Standing On The Promises, Turn Your Eyes Upon Jesus, Blessed Assurance, I saw the Light .... I love this stuff. Now I want a new CD too.

to you Glory
  • Quote: I really like country gospel and I'd be comforted by old standard hymns sung by Patsy Cline, Jim Reeves, Hank Williams Sr., the Statlers, Johnnie Cash, Alan Jackson, Randy Travis ...

Precious Memories, In the Garden, Standing On The Promises, Turn Your Eyes Upon Jesus, Blessed Assurance, I saw the Light .... I love this stuff. Now I want a new CD too.

to you Glory
    I know what's going on my mixtape today! I love them all and haven't paid them a visit in a looong time
  • Also what/who Susan said...

You may also want to go to Amazon and listen to a few selections from SANDI PATTY...she has some very nice songs out that may "fit" what your mom at this time....any CD Sandi Patty has would probably be good Glory.
  • Hey, thanks for all the recommendations! I actually ended up making a mix CD for my mom, but I'll keep Sandi Patty in mind for the next time! (she definitely has a sound my mom would like).

It's a mix of inspirational (Free to be Me, God is in Control, You're Not Alone) and inner strength (I Can, Just Fine, Hero, Champion) and "I"ll be there for you" (You got Me, Lift You Up). Here is the playlist:

Free to be Me - Francesca Battistelli
    I Can - Johanna Stahley (theme to Ruby)
    Just Stand Up! - Artists Stand Up to Cancer
    Courage Is... - the Strange Familiar
    Lift You Up - Joe Brooks
    Only Be Me - Conya Doss
    When It All Comes Down - Bonnie McKee
    God Is In Control - Avalon
    You Gotta Be - Des'Ree
    You're Not Alone - Meredith Andrews
    You Got Me - Tristan Prettyman
    Just Fine - Mary J. Blige