Drinking Hot Tea

• So I love hot tea from Teavana....this may be a stupid question, but would you consider drinking hot tea part of your water consumption?
  • definately!
  • Green or white tea, yes. Blends that are greater than 50% green or white, I would count half the amount towards water. Caffeine free herbal, yes most of the time. Depends on what is in them. Black teas with caffeine, no.

But that is just me.

I typically drink four to eight 8 oz. cups of tea per day, usually half green tea, half oolong or earl grey. I have some other assorted black in my drawer, but I haven't been in the mood for them lately.
  • its actually a myth that caffeine acts as any kind of diuretic...

your body is very clever at extractig water from the food you eat and ANY fluids you drink, even milk, coffee and fruit juice.
  • Really? Cool... I don't feel so bad about missing some of my water when I was sick then, because I drank tea like crazy. Thanks Paula!
  • Great! I always drink Peach Oolong and Mango Green tea! they are my favorites!!!!!!!!
  • I love the Japanese Phoenix Dragon Pearl Tea from Teavana!! It's by far one of my favorite treats!
  • GREEN TEA!!!! WOO!!!

That's my number one, Oolong a close second!
  • chai tea ftw
  • I'm a big fan of green tea, red tea and peppermint tea
  • Chai black tea.... all the time! I can't get enough of the spice!
  • Yes!

I even count black tea with caffeine. The amount of water you're getting from it is MUCH more than the amount of extra water loss due to the caffeine, so I just count it all because I don't really care if I'm an ounce or two off for the day.