Hello & Here is my jumping off point!

• Hello Everyone! I am excited to find this site. I have been reading for a few days and trying to learn to use FitDay.

I am a SAHM and school my children (son 15, daughter 11) at home. I do alot of sitting. I don't like to exercise, but I know I need to. I am hoping there is a forum group that deals with exercise motivation.

I would like to be healthier for me and for my family. My husband is a little worried about my health and body not being what it used to be. He needs to lose a few pounds and my 11 y.old daughter needs to lose 15lbs. I want to be an example for her.

I have been overweight most of my life. I have been active, but I am slowing down the older I get. I just had my 41st bday and my knees pop and ache. My back hurts and I am very uncomfortable. I used to not be bothered much by carrying this weight around (282 today) but it is catching up real quick.

I am hoping that accountability to others will help. I also see by using FitDay that it makes me think about what I am eating. I do not want to input alot so I am thinking before eating and I am a visual learner so the graphs are wonderful for me. I noticed that yesterdays breakdown on the graph told me I eat alot of carbs and fat.

I have lost weight on a low carb diet before. (South Beach) I am reading about the insulin resistance diet and it is making sense to how I feel. I eat and I am instantly tired. I get shakey if I don't eat. My dad has diabetes and I do not want to go there.

So here I am. Trying to figure me out. Wanting to be better, healthier, responsible and able to do everything I want without having to think, "I'm not going to fit, be comfortable, be able to do it etc..."

I welcome any advice, encouragement and fellowship I look forward to reading and posting. I guess this is where I jump in and start swimming Thanks for reading
  • hello and welcome! I hope that you will like it here.

There is an exercise forum and it's great. i know that you'll learn a lot from it.
  • Welcome, and congratulations for starting your journey! I think it's wonderful that you're trying to serve as a healthy role model for your family. I think that can really help make exercise fun, too -- lots of incentive to get the whole family up and moving. Walks, hiking, tennis -- there are tons of ways to have fun, healthy together-time!
  • Accountability...definately. I was using another site, where I was just inputting my calories/fat etc, and even though no one was watching my progress, I was seeing it on the screen and it made a difference! I am doing Weight Watchers again now, so I keep track on paper. It's not quite the same, so I wanted to have a community with tools and people with similar goals!!
  • Thanks for the nice welcoming and support. I am checking out the exercise forum and this is day 3 of inputing and I need to eat more protein. I think my grocery lists will be changing. Have a wonderful Sunday afternoon.
  • Hi Chellebean!

I am also a SAHM homeschooling my two kids 9 and 7. It can be challenging sometimes to find time to exercise but I have made it a priority, we try to get the kids involved too. We are lucky to have 9 acres of land that we can all take walks on together with our dogs, sometimes we see deer which is a plus. I figure if some chores don't get done that's ok, my health is more important than how clean the house is. I have lost weight in the past but this time around I'm incorporating more weight training which I think will make a big difference. Also, the challenges on this forum have helped me to keep my focus.

Good luck with your weight loss!