FitBit-Tracks Calories Burned

• Anyone try Fitbit which is supposed to track the amount of calories you burn in a day by just being clipped onto your person--- kinda like an electronic pedometer but smaller and much more high tech.

????

I would love to get one but $99 seems a bit high for me to justify spending on a whim........
  • According to the website, its an overpriced pedometer. I really wouldn't put much credit into it. Much more accurate would be to have a HRM with a chest strap.
  • Quote: Much more accurate would be to have a HRM with a chest strap.
    And if you're going to go that way make sure it's a comfortable one. For fun I wore mine to school the other day. Long story, but just wanted to see if there was much difference between my daily burn rate at home (gardening, computer, etc.) and being at school all day. I had it on for 10.5 hours and tucked the watch, with the buttons locked, into a pocket. I never wear a watch, and I knew it would drive me nuts on my wrist. I really pretty much forgot I had it on.
  • Any news or info on the fit bit? I have been poking around their website a little and I am a little interested.