New Way to Reward Myself

• Hey Lawl'ers. I am two weeks in and starting my 3rd week today. yay! But I need some idears if you don't mind. I am trying to change my frame of mind and instead of rewarding myself with food I am trying to think of other things I can do. (and taking a walk isn't a good thing - lol)
    Since you are all wiser and more intelligent, what do you do when something good happens? I am trying to shift the way I think and as always any ideas are appreciated!
  • anyway you can do something like get a mani or pedi or both, go get your hair done, take a trip, go for a day out and do something different than you normally do. buy yourself something, an outfit is always a good idea to show your progress, a purse, some shoes, jewelry. Facial, new makeup, eyebrows done. so many other things to do than reward yourself with food.
  • new sneakers, work out clothes, clothes, etc...
    You can put off buying a really good book until your next goal is met (I recommend Confessions of a Carb Queen).

You can even reward yourself with taking a three day weekend for your next big goal.
    Hope I helped
  • A book is a GREAT idea! However, I reward myself way too often... I'll have to set this as a goal...
  • Jewelry works for me
    Hi,

My best reward is jewelry that I would not normally buy. I pick out something fabulous and at times pricey and use that as a future motivator. I look at the picture of it and when I don't buy those cookies,etc put the money in the kitty to buy the jewelry. Right now I have my eye on a great ring.

I know this is not a quick fix reward but when I get the item, I feel wonderful. The lesser rewards like books,etc do not work for me because I would just buy them anyway. Fo me it is big and expensive so I feel I have earned it and it is special in a big way.

Just my 2 cents worth. Hope you hit on the thing that works for you.

Sheridan
  • Great ideas guys. I am loving the idea of a pedi - it is flipflop season after all. And a new book would be great. We have a really nice used book store right up the street I peruse after Friday's weigh-in (hopefully it will be a good weigh in)
    thanks for the ideas.
  • i set goals for myself and when i reached them i rewarded myself.
    example-when i reached 30lbs i got a new blender, 40lbs an mp3 player, etc.
    they seemed to work for me and it was a great incentive!
    good luck.