Interesting Comparison Of Sscardio And Hiit

• Hi Everyone,
    Lyle McDonald has been comparing sscardio and HIIT in his blog for the last couple of weeks.
    As I result of what he wrote I am not continuing HIIT ( I know it works well for some people) but it got me way too jangled and affected my sleeping.
    I'm going to do instead the couch to 5K program as I think sscardio works much better for me.
    I'm adjusting it to my cardio capacity as I am not starting out as a couch potato--lol!!
    Anyway I thought you might be interested in what Lyle wrote so I am posting the link here. I believe I got the link to his blog from the NRL4W section of JPFitness.
    http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/blog/
  • Hey, thanks for posting this. I read the link (didn't really go into all the links he posted throughout) and tend to agree w/this. The 'either/or' attitude towards interval workouts just doesn't wash w/me. I do intervals max 2x/wk. One is a speed the other is an incline. Steady state 1 sometimes 2 days a wk; brisk dog walking several times/wk, yoga, pilates, wts 2x/wk. Mix and match and constantly tweak what I'm doing. I do believe interval type w/outs have their place but they are not the be all, end all. They are simply part of the package.