TBL Couples: Season 5 Discussion *SPOILERS*

You're on Page 1 of 66
Go to
  • A new year...

A new season of TBL...

and most importantly...

A whole new season to over

• First question I have is...

Just by watching the commercials, how many of you are inspired instantly to turn your husband from a couch potato into a fitness machine?

*Raises hand*
  • Those tattoos look like they are island based themes...interesting...you can tell a lot about a person from their tats.

I think this new season is going to be the most interesting yet...imagine having to compete against your spouse, mother, dad or whomever....I know I couldn't do it if I was competing against my mother. I would have her win hands down anytime.
  • Well I think part of the drama that is going to be with the couples season is the same thing that happens on The Amazing Race. The couples get in the competition, the relationship gets strained and drama occurs.

Bad bad NBC.... you've hooked me in again!
  • OMG Chelle! That picture! I just woke up, but I think I need to go back to bed!

I'm interested to see how the relationships play out... I know some of my issues about my body come from my parents attitudes and comments, so I wonder how the parent-child teams will do. It's important to conquer those attitudes, but to have to do it on national TV, in 12 weeks, while being pushed to lose massive amounts of weight? Yikes!!
  • Ahem, thank you Chell, for that new photo!

I would like to work on my spouse, but have learned the hard way, the best way is to do it myself, show some visible success, and then he will be motivated to follow. To come up with a plan or to goad him into doing it with me while I'm doing it, gets reallllly ugly! But I guess any of us would react that way.
  • I'm sorry...were we talking about something? <wiping the drool from my chin....>

lawdy dawg but that man is soooooo yummy!
  • Quote: I'm sorry...were we talking about something? <wiping the drool from my chin....>

lawdy dawg but that man is soooooo yummy!
    LOL! Yup I concur!
  • I think there will definatley be some drama between the couples. But for some it might work better to have a buddy there with them and especially when they go home. Just look how well the twins did last season. You know once they were both home they worked out together and really pushed each other and kept each other on track. It's all about a good support system.
  • I've said it before...and I'll say it again....EYE TACO.
    Thanx Chellez!
  • Goodness...gotta love Bob!

Chellez--I'm the fat one. My BF isn't. He doesn't exercise he is just very careful about what he puts in his mouth. Generally very fresh and clean eating.
  • Quote: First question I have is...

Just by watching the commercials, how many of you are inspired instantly to turn your husband from a couch potato into a fitness machine?

*Raises hand*
    I absolutely love muscles....the more the better! (pant pant) We have that new home gym thingy in the garage and I am determined to get Hubby going on that thing. Maybe if I volunteer to work out with him? Hmmm...the possibilities are endless!
  • Just popping back in for a reminder.....the show is on TONIGHT!!!!!
  • Quote: We have that new home gym thingy in the garage and I am determined to get Hubby going on that thing. Maybe if I volunteer to work out with him? Hmmm...the possibilities are endless!
    We bought one of those 3 years ago, hubby just had to have it...and he worked out on it like 3 times and now it collects dust! I have used it some, but it's annoying to me to have to change the weights in the back between every exercise, so I just like my hand weights and bar better. I am wondering how to get him going on it again though...I keep suggesting we do it together and he just says "no." I have no idea what is in his head anymore!!! A little BOB in my house would not be a bad thing though
  • *Waves* Hey all!!! Im excited about the new season!!!!!

Chellez-- Thanks for the pic. You know we LOVE that one!!

What time does the show come on tonight? Gotta be ready to WATCH!