#'s & smoking ?

• have a question about number's & smoking. I quit smoking the last week in feb of this year. I have since than been battling an increase in my numbers. they are still 95% of the time within my limits given to me by my gp. but, from the normal numbers I had while smoking these are now higher. example my morning #'s were in the mid 70's to low 80's now they range from 98 to 115. my given range is 70-110. very seldom now do I have a reading in the low 80's, when before it was common to go as low as 55. but, stayed right around 75/85. so, my question is, can stopping smoking cause your numbers to go out of wack. I had gained 30#, but for the last 2 1/2 weeks I have very good about my carb counting and am exercising 30/45 mins everyday. they still haven't changed. I have lost 10#. I know that it may seem silly to some of you because they are most of the time in my ranges, but, for me personally I don't like them going higher. I liked them being nice and low. I just don't know what else could cause this increase. my last three A1Cs have been 5.6 / 5.9 and the last one last month was 6.0. my A1C as been as low as 5.0. I understand that gaining some weight would make them go up, but, I am back in control now and they should at least start dropping. I haven't been under much stress. my life is good. I choose my battles carefully and this is one battle I choose to take on, because it will matter to me in a year from now.

any insight would be grateful.
    thanks, cathy
  • I am sorry CATHY but I have absolutely no idea on this one. I quit smoking at least 4 years prior to being diagnosed. You might take a look at the ADA site (there's a link in the sticky section) or try a net search. Have you mentioned it to your doctor?