hello there..

• i'm Jen and i'm 23 years old. I just got diagnosed with hypothyroidism a few months ago as i have gained 55lbs since the end of 2005. Now that my hypothyroidism is under control with meds, my goal is to start to get my weight under control again as i am nearing 200lbs. I just joined a gym and i have been working out lately.
  • Good morning! and welcome! There are a few posters here who have thyroid struggles ... Meg for sure. Have you found their posts?
  • no i haven't but i will go look now
  • Hi Jen! Have you checked out the group for 20-somethings? That can be a good place to talk about some of the things that come up when trying to lose weight as a young adult-- moving, college, boyfriends, etc.

Welcome to 3FC, and good luck!
  • I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism, am now on meds. I also gained a lot, could not lose it no matter what I tried, started taking meds., and started losing the weight. So, I stay on the meds.
  • Quote: I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism, am now on meds. I also gained a lot, could not lose it no matter what I tried, started taking meds., and started losing the weight. So, I stay on the meds.
    ah i see..hopefully i can lose the weight as well
  • Quote: Hi Jen! Have you checked out the group for 20-somethings? That can be a good place to talk about some of the things that come up when trying to lose weight as a young adult-- moving, college, boyfriends, etc.

Welcome to 3FC, and good luck!
    thanks for the welcome, and i will check that out!