First Goal Reached

• Hey everyone!
    I think I mentioned this in my last post, but I weigh myself once a month (the 3rd), because I strarted January third 2007, but anyway the first month I lost 15 pounds and this month I didn't do quite as well only loosing 6 pounds this month, but my first goal was the loose 20 pounds, so I am here to celebrate that I reached my first goal of loosing 20! I am excited. I know I have a really long road ahead still, but I am just glad that I have at least now begun.
  • Congratulations!!! 20 pounds is an awesome amount and do not discount those extra 6, 26 pounds is OUTSTANDING!
  • You sound a little bit discouraged.... Don't be. Please keep in mind that the first like 5 lbs. or more lost is water weight. So, in all actuality, you did as well this month as you did last month (fat wise)... This happens to me every time I start a diet... It's normal to lose more weight at first because of retained water, especially if you have your monthly cycle in there. We tend to lose water weight at that time. I know I do anyway.

Well, good luck... Also remember, it's not healthy to lose weight too fast. You're doing fine. Keep up the good work!
  • WOW!

That's amazing, especially for only 3 months. Good for you.
  • thanks so much for the support!
  • Hi Elizabeth!

That's GREAT news!

I like to think of every pound lost as 3500 calories of fat ...G-O-N-E! Now that you've lost 20 pounds you have lost 70,000 calories of fat! How's THAT for some great numbers to be proud of?!!!!

Cheryl
  • Actually you lost it in TWO months! Wow! Excellent! Congrats on that!
  • YAY!
  • Hey, I hope you aren't being down on yourself, because that is great weightloss right there! Don't act like 6 lbs in a month isn't great either, because it is! That's more than a pound a week, which means you're doing awesome!

Wishing you continuing success,
    Lindsey
  • Yeah to you...This battle is won by reaching one small goal at a time. Congrats!