Anyone interested in a Couch to 5 K challenge?

You're on Page 3 of 3
Go to
  • Sigh, I planned to get running shoes today. What I have is crap. But, I didn't check the running store hours until this morning, and they are closed on Sunday. Well, I was going to just walk the first day anyway, I have a tendency to get shin splints and hip pain when I start off too fast. Of course, I'm thinking getting good shoes for once will make a difference with that . So, tomorrow just walking, but I'm doing it anyway, just to make sure I've started. I've had this program on my mind for a while, and without this thread, it would still just be on my mind!

I'm planning to walk on the off days anyway (except a couple when I'm going to do my full morning yoga instead) - I need a daily habit and daily movement in my life. Anyone else doing that?

So I guess it will be jog/walk M-W-F, just walking Tu-Th, and just yoga Sa-Su (and also a shorter yoga every weekday in the evening). I've been doing 1.5h of yoga every morning, real good workout, and I'm loathe to give it up, but I remember loving the feeling of running, and want to try it again. Too hot to jog in the evening, so it will be jogging before/at dawn, yoga in the evening. And I won't mind if it means I can eat a little more
  • Sign me up!
    I love the link to the podcast for the program as well... I hate watching the clock!

I think I need some new shoes too! Hmmmmm.....
    ~~~CHALLENGE WILL BEGIN MONDAY AUGUST 4TH~~~~
    ~*~*~*~LOOK FOR THREAD THEN~*~*~*~

McKenziesmomma
    Sprklemajik
    Kofarq
    Kelleigh
    Skinnybeach
    Jessicaca
    JulieJ08
    dandk0204
    Primm
    jacqu79
    fauxtini
    mist72
    akacutie
  • Hi Chicks!
    I'll be joining with you all on monday, and I'm really looking forward to it. About a year ago I did a different running program, and after several weeks of hard work was doing 9 minute run/1 minute walk for about 40 minutes. Of course, then I stopped going to the gym at all, and now a three minute run nearly kills me. I feel a bit bitter getting on my treadmill now, having lost all the progress I made, but I just have to work to get it back.
  • My biggest worry is the weather!! I will have to a rain slicker!! I hate treadmills. I get so bored lol
    ~~~CHALLENGE WILL BEGIN MONDAY AUGUST 4TH~~~~
    ~*~*~*~LOOK FOR THREAD THEN~*~*~*~

McKenziesmomma
    Sprklemajik
    Kofarq
    Kelleigh
    Skinnybeach
    Jessicaca
    JulieJ08
    dandk0204
    Primm
    jacqu79
    fauxtini
    mist72
    akacutie
    Asynchronous

Well...there is our sign up list....and D-Day is finally here!

I'm going to start our week 1 thread! See you all there and