Anyone else trying to lose before they conceive?

You're on Page 2 of 2
Go to
  • I lost 76 lbs before I got pregnant. We actually haden't decided to try to get pregnant until November. We started in December and by December 10th the job was done! Believe it or not, my hubby and I used no birth control prior to conceiving (we just used the "pull-out method") I guess you can say we were very lucky. I've always heard that people tend to get pregnant quicker after they lose weight. It has proven true for me! The orignial goal was to start trying in March-- I would have been at my goal weight. But hubby just couldn't wait. I was actually around 20 lbs away from goal when I found out. My doc says to limit caloric intake. I am only allowed to gain between 25-35 lbs.. I've got 12 on now! EEK! I'm only 10 weeks!

Good luck to all you girls out there!
  • I have found certified nurse midwives to be much more sensitive in the weight department (and in regard to other things as well). I think it's ridiculous to say "you should only gain x number of pounds during your pregnancy." The baby is in control! During my pregnancy, I had only gained 2.5 pounds by the time I was 4.5 months pregnant. Nevertheless, I'd gained 39 pounds by the time it was over (then lost 33 in 6 weeks). I didn't eat much differently throughout my pregnancy. If anything I ate less in the 2nd and 3rd trimester. Go figure...