Wondering: Fat VS Calories

You're on Page 2 of 2
Go to
  • "No one ever got fat eating broccoli"--Miss Chris, 2003
  • Firstly, Apryl congrats on Day 4 and thank you for starting this thread! Very interesting I must say!

I myself, do 1800 Calories per day and my fat grams average about 40-60. I think that a calorie is a calorie. However, its much better that you have a piece of fruit or something super healthy and go over your calories by a little bit, otherwise you'll be left starving which could lead to a binge later on. I would try to keep under the 1800 cals as much as possible, but again if you need to go over - just go over with something healthy. All that fat can add up!

The Queen - Ahhh - the water over the chips.. I'm so over that now.. I've been fully on plan ever since. So long chips...
  • Howie - I think it depends a lot on your body/metabolism. Basically, if you have any form of insulin resistance/blood sugar problems, then unless you keep your blood sugar regulated, its difficult to lose weight, even on a calorie controlled plan. Sounds like you are in sufficiently good shape not to have insulin resistance issues.....
  • ooooh. and a Big Welcome to the Queen. Great chatting to you the other night......why don't you introduce yourself on a new thread, then we can all welcome you properly!