Starting No flour, No sugar tomorrow

You're on Page 2 of 2
Go to
  • I wish it did the same for me--the thyroid disease I have totally screws up my body, lol. I eat a very balanced diet, but I still get hungry quickly, even with good amounts of protein.
  • Ive lost 6 pounds I waited a week and a half to weigh in so I wouldn't stress about it every day. Thanks guys!
  • I have some wacky thyroid issues too, which my doctor thinks are the beginnings of Hashimotos. For a few months I was counting calories diligently, working out regularly, and barely losing. It was SO frustrating! Once I switched to no sugar, no simple carbs, I started losing steadily, even without the hassle of calorie counting! For a lot of us, what we eat is just as important as (if not more important than) how much we eat.

Good luck to you!
  • Too much sugar may cause WRINKLES!
    Here's the article to read more.

http://shine.yahoo.com/channel/beaut...inkles-2504587

I know there must be some truth to this because nutritionists have also said the same thing. It counteracts the effects of antioxidants (which are good for fighting off free radical damage to skin), so if you have healthy omega-3's and lots of fruits and veggies, but then eat sugary food, it's like reversing the effects of all that good food you just ate.
  • Quote: Ive lost 6 pounds I waited a week and a half to weigh in so I wouldn't stress about it every day. Thanks guys!
    That's REALLY good! 6 pounds in just a week and a half! I really believe it's due to the new diet of removing the flour and sugar. I have also been switching to gluten free stuff. I've been doing good and losing a bit of weight here and there.