1 lb = 3500 cal and USDA Food Pyramid

You're on Page 2 of 2
Go to
  • LMAO at the brickhouse discussion. Everytime I hear "36-24-36" my brain follows up with:

"Only if she's 5'3" " - Sir Mix Alot - Baby Got Back.
  • Hey..I AM 5'3" Unfortunately I'm 39.5, 29.5, 38.25
  • Ennay, it sounds like you are nicely proportioned... I don't have much of a waist - right now I'm 36-33-41. Ouch. I would love to have a tiny waist like that.
  • Quote: LMAO at the brickhouse discussion. Everytime I hear "36-24-36" my brain follows up with:

"Only if she's 5'3" " - Sir Mix Alot - Baby Got Back.
    heh! I think of that song, too! - but I also am quite familiar with "Brick House" by the Commodores.

My brick house has a few bricks too many, LOL.

I can't seem to follow the USDA recommendations of anything. Not sure why, but anytime I've ever tried, I've always eaten WAY too much, & coincidentally, gained weight.

But I am trying to include more whole grains & fresh veggies in my diet. Fresh fruit is easy - I love fruit. But I don't like a whole lot of veggies, & the ones I do like are more starch (potatoes, corn, little green peas, etc.) So I've learned to try new things. Broccoli! - I LOVE BROCCOLI! - I love it steamed, too, with just a squirt of butter or a little melted cheese. I like asparagus the same way (w/butter).

I think my main problem is that I DON'T COOK. Never have, don't care to, etc. I need a diet that revolves around either quick/easy fixings, or just raw & fresh stuff.

yeah, that's the ticket!
  • Quote: BTW, do you really think it's possible to have only a 24" waist with 36" hips? They used to say that a 10" differential was the max! A fellow encourager ... Rosebud.
    I don't know if it's possible. I'm losing inches in my waist faster than my hips and bust. I wouldn't mind losing a couple more inches from my hips. Maybe it's more realistic to shoot for a 25" or 26" waist and 35" hips.

The lyrics from the song just crack me up. Every time I'm at a party or wedding reception and they play that song by the Commadores (w/lead singer Lional Richie) it brings most of the women on the floor.

Also, I remember that Sir Mix-A-Lot quoted the stats in his song, "Baby Got Back," when he sang, "36-34-36? Only if she's 5'3"" meaning, he didn't think those stats were very impressive since he preffered girls with bigger butts.
  • Quote: Also, I remember that Sir Mix-A-Lot quoted the stats in his song, "Baby Got Back," when he sang, "36-34-36? Only if she's 5'3"" meaning, he didn't think those stats were very impressive since he preffered girls with bigger butts.
    I have had the brickhouse song in my head ALL weekend thanks to this thread.....

Unfortunately my bigger booty wouldnt impress sir mix-a-lot. I am totally flat butt. I think from the side I look much much thinner than from the front. I am flat butt and wide hips and wide ribs.

great...now baby got back will be in my head
  • LOL. Yeah, Sir Mix Alot was talking about short, stacked women. At 5'10" I don't want to be 36-24-26, although I use to need a Levi's 29-36, I was longer legged than I had hips...4 kids later, who KNOWS. I've always had big ole boobies, so we'll be auctioning those off at ebay. Right now I'm 42-40-52. Still losing on top at an equal rate as on bottom, there was just so much MORE on the bottom to start with. I really hate having all my weight carried up front and in the lower belly. BLAH!
  • So what's a 37, 34, 41?
  • I haven't had a 24" waist since elementary school. I'd be happy if I got down to 28".