New Year New Challenge, What Is Yours ?

You're on Page 19 of 34
Go to
  • Quote: God, I hate bra fat. Has anyone else noticed how THIN a lot of material is these days for dresses, tshirts, sweaters, etc. It seems designed to CLING to every unwanted bump, ripple, etc. I used to love Ann Taylor and buy a lot of stuff there (wearing a 4 year old sweater from there today) but lately, everything is tissue paper thin. Feels cheap, looks awful and wears out too quickly.
    I used to be able to wear anything from Eddie Bauer (Eddie Bauer - sporty tough stuff!) but I've had to send a couple of things back. Shirts that you can unintentionally see through and henleys that are so thin they show even the slightest suggestion of "muffin top" when tucked in. And don't get me started on sleeves that are all suddenly 4" too long - I have NOT morphed into a t-rex!

For those of you with all the jeans fitting problems might i suggest those kinds of jeans that have 5% stretch? I have great success with those - generally the thighs are too tight for me in a lot of tight jeans.

Dagmar
  • Quote: I do always like to take credit for something I haven't done, since I see that's one of the secrets to managerial success at my company.
    How funny. This has been one of my key discoveries in my new job that I sincerely dislike. If I don't take credit for something, whether I did or didn't actually do it, someone else will.

I have turned to yoga to try and deal with job stress. I hate this feeling, that I'm decomposing with anxiety. I've never felt this way before and it STINKS.
  • My scale is stubbornly refusing to move, I just want to be able to get into my Calvin Klein suit, and a few other things.
  • That sounds perfectly reasonable to me, bargoo! Stick at it.

I am just out of kilter because of hurting my back on Thursday. Day 4 today, though, and I'm almost better. Still being careful, though. I'm posting in the No Excuses thread which is already helping rethink things a little.
  • Quote: That sounds perfectly reasonable to me, bargoo! Stick at it.

I am just out of kilter because of hurting my back on Thursday. Day 4 today, though, and I'm almost better. Still being careful, though. I'm posting in the No Excuses thread which is already helping rethink things a little.
    When is the wedding you are invited to ? What will the weather be like at that location ? What kind of an outfit do you plan to buy ?
    Take care of your back so you will be in tiptop shape.
  • I'm back to where I was Monday, I think. Total of 7 pounds down, 17 to go. If I get to 8 down, I'll be 1/3rd there!
  • Bargoo - it's in July and it'll be hot. I'm thinking about a panelled sun-dress whic will emphasise my waist and float over my hips and bottom. I'll probably get it made as we live far from good shops and I'm a difficult shape. I could wear the turquoise/navy seersucker dress and fabulous blueish floaty chiffon scarf (with large orange silk bag) I wore to a wedding this July past. That would be OK as I feel perfectly comfortable and chic but the dress is getting on in years and Italy might require something a little smarter.
  • Quote: Bargoo - it's in July and it'll be hot. I'm thinking about a panelled sun-dress whic will emphasise my waist and float over my hips and bottom. I'll probably get it made as we live far from good shops and I'm a difficult shape. I could wear the turquoise/navy seersucker dress and fabulous blueish floaty chiffon scarf (with large orange silk bag) I wore to a wedding this July past. That would be OK as I feel perfectly comfortable and chic but the dress is getting on in years and Italy might require something a little smarter.
    A custom made dress , sounds lovely. I don't like the sound of hot weather,though. It is hot here in July, too.
  • Jayzeejay, I've been there. It rots. You'll need to work extra hard to find some compensating balance - either at home, or in your head. Personally, unless you foresee this particular job contributing something incredible to your CV over time, start looking. We spend wayyyyy too many hours at work to be doing something we hate - more hours than with significant others, generally more than we do sleeping ... it's just not worth it. Stay true to yourself!
  • Allison, congratulations on your 7 pound loss. My scale refuses to move.
  • 7.5 as of this morning!

Sorry your scale isn't budging, bargoo, lets hope you get some results this week!
  • Quote: Jayzeejay, I've been there. It rots. You'll need to work extra hard to find some compensating balance - either at home, or in your head. Personally, unless you foresee this particular job contributing something incredible to your CV over time, start looking. We spend wayyyyy too many hours at work to be doing something we hate - more hours than with significant others, generally more than we do sleeping ... it's just not worth it. Stay true to yourself!
    You are right on. I spend about 85% of my waking time either at the job or working on it at home. That's a lot of time spent being miserable! Time to re-examine my options.

Silverbirch, I have an August wedding that I'll be either bridesmaid or some equivalent at. But this one is in WA state, not Italy! The style bar is set much lower.
  • Quote: 7.5 as of this !
    Great !
  • Good work, Allison!
  • Scale finally moved ! 8.4 pounds down this month.