NEW-What Did You Have For Dinner Today?

You're on Page 15 of 20
Go to
  • Quote: Munchy, it looks like there's a sauce of some sort on there which I imagine is your spreadable cheese. Could you share how you do that?

BTW - looks delicious!!
    Thank you and you're right! Basically I just saute all of the veggies, add the zoodles in last, season as desired, then add in the spreadable cheese (I buy Aldi's, but it's basically laughing cow cheese - you can also use neufchatel/light cream cheese). The cheese melts into the dish as the noodles release moisture.
  • Cool. Thank you!!

I've seen you mention that you have a Paderno. LOVE that thing. Got it after I killed my hand doing a carrot on the vegetti. So far we've mostly done cold/salad-y kind of things. Your zoodles look amazing!

Interesting that Aldi's has a store brand of the spreadable. We don't have Aldi's here in California and I've read wonderful things about them. We always have a stack of the laughing cows in the fridge.

Thanks again for your instructions. We'll definitely be trying this one!
  • Quote: Cool. Thank you!!

I've seen you mention that you have a Paderno. LOVE that thing. Got it after I killed my hand doing a carrot on the vegetti. So far we've mostly done cold/salad-y kind of things. Your zoodles look amazing!

Interesting that Aldi's has a store brand of the spreadable. We don't have Aldi's here in California and I've read wonderful things about them. We always have a stack of the laughing cows in the fridge.

Thanks again for your instructions. We'll definitely be trying this one!
    The paderno is awesome! If you haven't yet - check out www.inspiralized.com for all kinds of recipes.
  • Quote: The paderno is awesome! If you haven't yet - check out www.inspiralized.com for all kinds of recipes.
    Excellent Thank you! Haven't been there yet but will definitely check it out.
  • I had a cooking bug today. I made a crockpot "rotisserie" chicken, and mashed potatoes for my daughter...and I had homemade black bean and cheese burritos...I'm hooked on frozen burritos, but I know there is too much junk in most of them, so I made and froze my own. They were awesome! the only added fat was in the cheese, but considering I made over a dozen, I don't think the little amount of cheese I put in will do any harm. Yum.
  • We had a dinner guest last night, and I knew he liked pesto. So, homemade pesto with my garden basil and garlic, walnuts, and Parmesan combined with TJ's sun dried tomatoes, organic grilled chicken, and organic linguine was served.

It was sooooooo difficult to maintain portion control! I even woke up this morning thinking about leftovers for lunch. I'm trying to fill up on water though, so I behave
  • Quote: I had a cooking bug today. I made a crockpot "rotisserie" chicken, and mashed potatoes for my daughter...and I had homemade black bean and cheese burritos...I'm hooked on frozen burritos, but I know there is too much junk in most of them, so I made and froze my own. They were awesome! the only added fat was in the cheese, but considering I made over a dozen, I don't think the little amount of cheese I put in will do any harm. Yum.
    I've started freezing as well for my school lunches I pack for myself (I teach). I've become a big fan of black beans lately......you've inspired me to make up a batch this week for som burritos
  • I'll probably have some zoodles with oxtail marinara (we made it Sunday). Quick and easy and almost cooking involved.
  • Quote: I'll probably have some zoodles with oxtail marinara (we made it Sunday). Quick and easy and almost cooking involved.
    I loooove oxtail red sauce. . . Jealous.
  • I made shrimp tacos - homemade guac, corn tortillas, and pepperjack cheese with black bean and corn salad.

The jalapenos around here are so much hotter than I am used to. Yum!
  • Last night I had "crack" slaw with broken up asian turkey meatballs.

Tonight I'll make a cajun zoodle dish with plenty of bell peppers and turkey andouille.
  • We had chicken/sausage/green pepper linguine in a light cream sauce. I was craving pasta
  • Tonight is salmon with soba noodles, snow peas, and mushrooms in a honey soy sauce.
  • We have four different groupons and we decided to use one...we just don't know which one yet!
    -Authentic Mexican
    -Ethiopian
    -Seafood/Steak
    -Diner
  • ^ Oooooh munchy, my vote is for Ethiopian! I haven't had it in years. *googles ethiopian places nearby*