3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Shoestring Meals (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/shoestring-meals-235/)
-   -   1 pot easy curry (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/shoestring-meals/217498-1-pot-easy-curry.html)

katy trail 11-15-2010 11:50 PM

1 pot easy curry

I LOVE curry. i used to make it all the time, but my family got tirrd of it so i stopped. since i've been eating healthier, i don't think i've made it once in the last 7 months. so tonight, i made curry! i think i'm finally brave enough to make it, and NOT eat the whole pot lol. i have a new rule with eating less. Stay out of the kitchen! so i modified it to make it easier, less time in kitchen. and budget friendly :)

u need:
1 large pot

chicken- i used frozen chicken tenders, easily a meatless meal with chickpeas instead.
i think i used about 10 pieces.
frozen veggies- i used stew veggies: carrots, onion, celery, potatoes
extra fresh chopped carrots or veggies you like.

i cooked that all together, then added at the end:
curry stuff-your fav curry seasoning
tomato sauce- this is optional, and amount depends how much you like tomatoes. i used about 2 cups this time.

and that's it. you could also throw in some brown rice or cook rice separate. i didn't this time. keeping rice out keeps cals lower. i also want to use the chicken as leftovers. other times i made this with tons more veggies, and prob. will next time.
the best part is, this has no oil. the sauteing step is completely taken out.

katy trail 11-15-2010 11:52 PM

oh and you need water in the pot, but i don't count that as an ingredient.

KlassyKid 11-24-2010 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by katy trail (Post 3570185)
I LOVE curry. i used to make it all the time, but my family got tirrd of it so i stopped. since i've been eating healthier, i don't think i've made it once in the last 7 months. so tonight, i made curry! i think i'm finally brave enough to make it, and NOT eat the whole pot lol. i have a new rule with eating less. Stay out of the kitchen! so i modified it to make it easier, less time in kitchen. and budget friendly :)

u need:
1 large pot

chicken- i used frozen chicken tenders, easily a meatless meal with chickpeas instead.
i think i used about 10 pieces.
frozen veggies- i used stew veggies: carrots, onion, celery, potatoes
extra fresh chopped carrots or veggies you like.

i cooked that all together, then added at the end:
curry stuff-your fav curry seasoning
tomato sauce- this is optional, and amount depends how much you like tomatoes. i used about 2 cups this time.

and that's it. you could also throw in some brown rice or cook rice separate. i didn't this time. keeping rice out keeps cals lower. i also want to use the chicken as leftovers. other times i made this with tons more veggies, and prob. will next time.
the best part is, this has no oil. the sauteing step is completely taken out.

I LOVE curry too!

I make curry shepherds pie. The topping I make with a mix of mashed potato and mashed cauliflower which also lowers the calories. Add a little low fat cheese to the top and it browns to perfection.