Too much, too fast?

• My husband and I have just finished Day 7. For the first time in my life, I am doing a diet and not cheating. Who would have thought, you actually loose weight that way... I am concerned though because I have lost 9.5lbs in seven days. I know it is water weight, but that still seems like a lot. Should I expect to stall for the second week? Is it ok that I lost that much right away, not that I am complaining, of course. Woo hoo! 9.5lbs(notice the.5-chubby girls always make sure that is included!)
  • First off, congrats on succeeding with following the plan your first week and making the decision to better yourself.

As for the loss, I wouldn't be worried. In my first 2 weeks I lost a total of 9lbs. About 2/3 came in that first week. And in the book Dr. A says you can expect 7-13lbs to fly away during P1. You may see a diminished loss this coming week. But don't let that scare you or discourage you. Following the initial drop, it should slow to about 1-2lbs per week. So in a nut shell, you are normal.
  • Congrats on your weight loss. I'm in the P1 stage, on day 4. I hope I am as fortunate as you when I get to day 7. Keep up the great work.