Old 05-08-2006, 11:32 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 210/155/150

Height: 5'8

Barb- the first ingredient listed is whole wheat- so is that okay? I am guessing yes. Thanks for the feedback
samra1962 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 01:44 PM   #17  

Should be okay as long as the second ingredient isn't enriched flour or white flour.

It is recommended that you just add the same one for a week so you know how you react to it. I would think you would have an idea after three days. You might want to start with berries rather than a higher glycemic fruit. Remember many people have problems with bananas (which used to not be allowed at all).
Barb0522 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 04:11 PM   #18  

You guys are great!! I was on another thread but was looking around and you have the answers I need and the help I am looking for I started phase 1 April 10 and have lost almost 10 pounds and I am very happy about that but I have not lost any thing in the last 2 weeks and am having trouble transitioning to phase 2. I too am afraid that I will gain. I also hve 10-12 more pounds to lose and I find myself wanting to start p1 again just for the results. I know that it is not the right thing to do so please help!!! I do want to lose more. I have restarted my walking program and hoping to start my weights this week too. Any suggestions!?? You are guys are so supportive and knowledgeable thanks.
barbie40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 04:42 PM   #19  

Hi, Barbie! Some of us will tell you that the last 10 or so pounds is the hardest. I sure can! Why don't you post your menu for a day or so and ask for suggestions? Sometimes it is as simple as too many nuts or not enough vegetables. Are you drinking enough water?
Old 05-09-2006, 12:25 AM   #20  

First hing I have to say, you have done fabulous!!!!!!
I think I will post a feww days menus up see the feed back. I also think I have been a little weak in the water area. I think I eat the 4 1/2 cups veggies but like I said I think posting my menus amy help. Thanks for the suggestion.

Mondday May 8 menu 1 whole egg and 3 egg whites, 1 tblsp olive oil,

1 cup mushrooms, 1/2 cup red pepper, 1/4 cup onion, 1/2 ounce LF cheese, 1cup veggie juice

snack 1 cheese string

Lunch 1/2 cup 1% cottage cheese, 1 large tomato, 1 cup cucumber,1/2 cup red pepper 1/2 cup milk

snack tomato

4 cups spinach, 1/2 cup tomatoe. 6 olives, 12 almonds, 3 egg whites, 1 tblsp oil vinegar dressing, 2oz ham

dessert 1 ff sf yougurt 1 chesse string

10 cups h2o

that today done.

Thnaks for the support. hope all of you have a great day tomorrow.

BArbie
Old 05-09-2006, 09:22 AM   #21  

Your menu looks pretty good to me. Maybe you should be drinking milk but it does look like you are getting your calcium from yogurt and cheese. You do have lots of veggies. It looks like a phase 1 menu though. Where are your fruits and grains?
Old 05-10-2006, 01:26 AM   #22  

Tuesdays menu May 9

same as yesterday

snack 1/2 cup milk 1 cup raspberries

lunch salad chicken breast oil vinegar dressing

snack cheese string celery

turky breast 1/2 cup brown rice salad snow peas

1 blueberry muffin(not on Plan)

10 cups h2o

Yes you are right It was like a p1 menu, I was still leary about adding in fear of gaining. Started to add today though as you can see!!! I did weigh in this am and I finaaly lost 1 1/2 pounds!! I guess patients plays a big part too. I am exercising now too. so I hope it wwill all fall togetherr. I have never been on a plan was so easy to follow and one that I don't get hungry or feel deprived.

I also love this site because of all you people and the suport in over whelming. Thanks

I have a question, after I ate the muffin which was made of white flour, I came down with a nasty headache. could it be from the white flour or was it just a coincidence? I have not had white flour foor a month so It is just a thought. Or could it be the sugar in the muffin?
Old 05-10-2006, 01:33 AM   #23  

Wednesday menu

2 spinach quiche cups to go, 1 cup veggie juice 1/2 cup mixed berries

1/2 cup cottage cheese tomatoes

salad, oil vinegar dressing tomatoe, cucumbers, peppers, tuna 1 slice 12 grain bread, 1 cup milk

yoghurt ffsf

chicken beans celery, peppers tomatoes 1/2 c guacamola

1/2 cup berries 1/2 cup plain yoghurt

thats the plan for the day I will update it if it changes.
Old 05-10-2006, 09:34 AM   #24  

Your menu does look better now. I don't get headaches from regular flour or sugar but I believe I have heard of some who did get headaches from sugar.

Congratulations on the loss!
Old 05-11-2006, 01:33 AM   #25  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Barbie, I have always gotten vicious headaches, dizziness, nausea, and all sorts of awful feelings from eating sugar or white flour after being off it. That's, IMHO, an indication of how awful those things are for your system...they really are a shock to your system and make your blood sugar plunge. Watch yourself for the next few days...if you start craving, do P1 until the cravings go away.

With P2, you need to be careful to add just one thing at a time because if you add two (like the fruit and the brown rice on your Tues. menu), and you have cravings or gain, you won't know which one did it. So add one thing at a time, and wait a while...a week works well...to make sure that you really can see how it affects you. If it goes well, then add another thing (just one more) to the menu for the next week, and so on. It took me three weeks to figure out my combo. If you cheat while doing this, you're going to have a harder time...you won't know if gains or cravings come from the cheat or from the thing you're adding...so do your best not to do that, okay? Once you know what your combo is, a cheat here and there won't ruin you...especially if you plan ahead for it, okay?

The last ten pounds can be very difficult to lose...they come off very slowly. Exercise will help, but watch your calories and make sure you are getting AT LEAST 1200, okay? If you get less, your body goes into starvation mode and clings tenaciously to your fat. You don't want that!

Barb...thanks for your wonderful wisdom and willingness to share with others!
beachgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 11:30 PM   #26  

Thanks for all the pointers. I will be more careful on the adding of new things, I do have the gi diet books and they have a lot of good recipes too. But I know now to add one thing at a time. I haven't had any cravings Thank goodness!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I also am trying to do the exercise and eat the proper a mount of calories.
I really waaant to do this and make it a lifestyle forever and I fell I can live like this it is so doable. Thnks for all your help. Today was an ok day but I know I didn't eat enough because it was a run around day and I didn't want o eat the bad foods so I waited until I got home, and missed two meals so that wsa bad and I hate it when that happens but I will take something with me next time, it wasn't expected today so I wasn't prepared.

Better run now. thanks for listening
Old 05-12-2006, 01:33 AM   #27  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Barbie, I know it can be hard to plan for unexpected crazy days. I try to keep a package of soy nuts in my car...they don't go bad and have lots of protein. Veggies are harder to keep in your car just in case. But if you start learning where you can get decent veggies on the road, that can help. Wendy's has some great salads that are SBD friendly (Barb can tell you exactly what they are, I believe...or you can check the SBD book on eating out). I also have a great salad bar take out at a local grocery. They have a tomato and mozzerella salad that is SBD friendly along with the usual salad offerings. You can often find carrot and celery sticks at groceries or even, sometimes, at convenience stores.
beachgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2006, 09:26 AM   #28  

The Fast Food guide that I posted in the Frequently Asked forum has lots of suggestions on eating out. There is also a new South Beach Dining Out guide that is a paperback you can buy. Personally I try not to eat out often and tend to make a small Wendy's chili and a side salad my emergency meal of choice (although the dining out guide lists the chili as phase 3, it used to be approved which is why it is listed in the Fast Food guide).
Old 05-14-2006, 07:27 PM   #29  

I will have to tryt he soy nuts. In my town the only fast food we have is mcdonalds and subway for choices.I try not to eat out to often. But I think I will carry a little cooler bag with a cold pack and put vegies in there. I find I did not feel as good on those days. I have gotten back on track and am very glad for that.

Mothers day has been great today. My husband had to work so we will go out for dinner next weekend. We did a celbration last night when he came home from work(he works 12 hour shifts). So that was nice it was kind of nice not to have to go out for a meal after the messed up couple of days that I had this way I feel more confident and able to stick to my plan again.

Hope you all had a great Mothers day. Take care
Old 05-14-2006, 08:06 PM   #30  
unabashed

S/C/G: 344/321/220

Height: 5'5

soy nuts are delicious! and subway has great salads!
lottie63 is offline   Reply With Quote